Milly-Wau-kee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They made it seem like you tried diving without a drysuit first and then switched to one.

How did that experience go? Did you have your PADI Dry Suit Specialty done?

<had to say that..hehehe>:eek:ut:

Hi Walter, Hi Ken!

LOL that was my first thought: why didn't he get in a dive? I guess I'm a bit single-minded lately...

We got back to the Willie again over Labor Day weekend... vis was far better when our little group was there, but it is still a very cool wreck. We did a little more penetration, and checked out the top 3 levels under the wheelhouse area. Very cool.

You wanna talk about mullets? Harley fest was going on Labor Day weekend when we were there. THAT was interesting.

BTW Jep - you definately do NOT dive the Great Lakes to see fish, unless you like gobies and lawyerfish.

Walter, the master of understatement: "In the Great Lakes, a drysuit is nice to have." :)

nitroxbabe once bubbled...

You wanna talk about mullets? Harley fest was going on Labor Day weekend when we were there. THAT was interesting.

RRRRMMMM! RRRRMMMMM! Was Joe Dirt there?

BTW, I'm doing that overnighter out of Winthrop Harbor next weekend. I'll post a trip report, and a possible scenario for next year's Chi Dive Party.

Joe Dirt brought the whoooooooolllllllllleeeeeeee carnival (and his sister...)! Woo Hoo! The people-watching was choice, let me tell ya.

Yeah, we definately need to do another Chi dive party!

BTW Kurt (and our LDS) is working on setting up a group trip up to Isle Royal, if you're interested.

No Jason, I don't have that card. I will never get another PADI card. I no longer believe the folks in PADI headquarters are well meaning, but misinformed.

A dry suit specialty is an excellent idea if you're relatively new to the sport. OTOH, if you number your logged dives in 4 digits when you learn the dry suit, a little reading of non PADI materials and a little practice recovering from a feet up position is plenty. A dry suit is a pretty easy concept.

I did. Sorry if I put a damper on your fun. I used to find PADI funny, now I find it much too sad to be a source of laughter.

Sorry Jason, I don't mean to be, but I've never been comfortable wearing blinders. Let's forget PADI and go diving. That'll be fun!

Just a suggestion. Maybe you guys should go to La Perla(5th & National) and dive into a few pitchers of margaritas. Always puts me in a good frame of mind. Oh yeah, good eats too if you like Mexican food. And don't forget to ride the jalepeno while your there.

Jim:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom