Millbrook this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My computer read 57 surface and 50 at 65 ft. Out of the water is was just freezing cold. The wind was brutal.

Eric,
Yep, I was there. Joe Pierce, Corrine (his wife), and I got there around 10 I think. Black Chevy 4 door truck, his, as mine is eagerly awaiting my attention this week. (Man it'll be nice to drive my toy again) Anyway, sorry I missed you, we'll have to get together at the other place.
We did one long dive, plane to RV, hot tub, bus/step van, playground, you name it, we saw it, minus some boat. My computers had 42 at 86 ft. Vis was the best I have seen there, around 20 ft plus. Excepting the areas where newer divers had come through.... Then we had a Bar-B-Que potluck with Blue Marble Divers. I won a Dan thermal coffee cup :D Its nice when a shop puts on things like that- it allows you to see them away from the counter, introduces new people, and generally a fun time is had by all. Not that I am bitter at the old shop I used.....:rofl3:
-J

Man, sorry I missed you again! I will PM you with future endeavors. I dive wet, so if we do anything local I am going to try to shoot for 35-40 air temps. Maybe between turkey day and xmas we can do something.

Yea, we were there...I met up with another guy at beach 2. There was a class from The Dive Shop there that I talked to, but I don't remember seeing you there...it was an OW class.

I was at beach 2 1/2, so not real sure who I met. Vis was good that day, better than we had off the coast for more than 90% of the season. At least when I was there- Captain Al says he saw sharks on the sub a few weeks back, and had over 100 ft of vis there. But, back to Millbrook. It was a cold day, but the diving was decent. I think Eric and I are dropping in Lake Holiday/The Summit sometime soon, and I am looking to do some more diving before it becomes just me and my buddies doing ice dives.
-J

I met a couple of guys with a VA Tech tent. Were either of them you guys? I might have said "dive shop" in a generic way, but that isnt the name of the shop I am with. I was with open water students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom