Milestone Reached - Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing that seems weird is I never feel like I did enough during training and tests, though, all the dive masters and instructors say I am a very good diver. Don't want to let that get into my head, I'd rather be a cautious diver then think I'm good and get cocky.

You know I've always felt the same. The couple dives you do for each specialty really isn't enough I think. I don't even think 4 for OW is enough either but I persisted and kept at it and found my way. When I took the drysuit course it took me 8 dives to really get comfortable diving in it which is 4 times as many as the course required. Repetition is key and skills should constantly be performed. Good luck on your quest for Master Scuba Diver :)

Having just completed my 5th specialty (night diving cert) this past weekend I have now reached the title of PADI Master Scuba Diver!!! This has always been a goal of mine since sitting in my OW class looking at the poster for the various levels you can get to (without becoming an instructor). Feels like only yesterday I was here blogging about my OW class experience and making more mistakes than I care to admit to. I have come a long way in my diving life!

This has taken 2 years for me to accomplish and has taken me to some pretty exotic places on this planet. I love diving and my next goal is to take the NAUI Master Diver course as well and then explore even more specialties such as ice diving, wreck, and maybe cavern diving. So glad I decided to do a couple of DSDs back in 2009 when I was in the Whitsundays in Australia. It has changed my life so much. I own all my own gear now and have no plans to stop anytime soon. :cool2:

Congrats! Remember, it's still just a license to learn.

Congrats! Remember, it's still just a license to learn.

Absolutely! Here's what the final MSD package included/looks like (I left out all the PADI Pro promo stuff)

master.jpg

I was lucky as mine included the MSD backpack (special promotion I guess). I use it to store beads and stuff that I catch while at N.O. Mardi Gras parades.

I was lucky as mine included the MSD backpack (special promotion I guess). I use it to store beads and stuff that I catch while at N.O. Mardi Gras parades.

HAHAHA Awesome! Now I want a backpack lol Just googled it, they look nice!

---------- Post added November 7th, 2013 at 10:08 PM ----------

I have just found out that by signing up at scubaearth.com I got an MSD benefit to redeem a free PADI MSD e-card for the PADI app (which usually charges like $40/50) if I redeemed within 30 days. So on top of everything else I got I also got a free e-card too which is kinda cool. The e-card sure are pretty basic though I'm surprised they charge that much for how little there is on the app. They should be free to everyone I think but there it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom