mildly embarassing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing. Definitely do NOT eat asparagus the day before diving if you are a wetsuit pee'er.

Slather up with conditioner or shampoo. Your suit will slide on easier and smell better than normal. Jump in after the dive to take off your suit, will rinse you and suit at the same time.

When you get home, hang up your wetsuit, inside out, in the outdoors, preferably where it gets some sun. The sun and fresh air is nature's sterilizer/deodorizer.

If you use shampoo or conditioners to make your wetsuit easier to slip into, make sure it's biodegradable. You don't want to pollute your local dive hole.

Another thing. Definitely do NOT eat asparagus the day before diving if you are a wetsuit pee'er.

Why?:confused:

I know you said you didn't want a lot of antiperspirant residue, but you might consider trying Mitchum gel. It pretty much disappears shortly after application, and it is the most powerful antiperspirant I've ever encountered.

When you get home, hang up your wetsuit, inside out, in the outdoors, preferably where it gets some sun. The sun and fresh air is nature's sterilizer/deodorizer.

If you use shampoo or conditioners to make your wetsuit easier to slip into, make sure it's biodegradable. You don't want to pollute your local dive hole.

I wouldn't recommend hanging up a wetsuit where it gets direct sun. The UV rays degrade the neoprene. I would recommend some of the other posters solutions.

I wouldn't recommend hanging up a wetsuit where it gets direct sun. The UV rays degrade the neoprene. I would recommend some of the other posters solutions.

I wouldn't recommend direct sun, either. That's why I said "some" sun. My spot for wetsuit/booties/hood/gloves to dry and air out is under my 75-year old elm tree. It is huge, and the sun coming through is dappled at best.

Great point don't need that smell if you're a wetsuit pee'r

When suiting up how about pouring some water on your head and inside your wetsuit to cool off.
Yep, works well. Just getting your hair wet helps a lot. The opposite of adding a hood or beanie.
I wouldn't recommend direct sun, either. That's why I said "some" sun. My spot for wetsuit/booties/hood/gloves to dry and air out is under my 75-year old elm tree. It is huge, and the sun coming through is dappled at best.
And what do you do for bird poop? :shocked2:

Honestly, spraying the inside of a suit with Pet stain remover can help a lot. Works on urine and other leftovers as well. I use it to remove sweat stains on hats, too...

Pet%20Stain.jpg

Back
Top Bottom