Mikron vs Legend vs Legend LX vs MK25+s600 or other recommendations ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife has the Mikron. It is marginally not as easy a breather but she loves it because is is small and light in her mouth.
I've heard that the bubble from exhaul annoying especially if we hold camera. Has she complained about the bubbles before ?

I own 3 Mikrons so obviously I love mine. I can’t tell any difference between them and Eric’s Legend. My MK25/600’s do breathe a bit better but I have them tune hot and they have a venturi adjustment. The Mikrons do not.

So. If you like the look and feel of the Legend, go with it. If you want an excellent regulator that is lighter and smaller, go with the Mikron. But you really can’t go wrong with the Scubapro’s either.

Clear as mud right? The problem is that they are all excellent regulators with parts and service available worldwide and suitable for most all recreational divers (excluding true cold water diving). It may just come down to price and personal preference.

What regulators have you been diving?

Edit: by the photo it looks like s600, I assume paired with an MK 25? Have you been happy with it?anything you like or don’t like?

This pair in my pic, I tried it only when I went to help photography ow students in pool. Didn't get below 2m, couldn't feel the different at all.

But when I go on trip, a reg from rental shop are simple one like R095 or Rover. I could feel it hard to breath when I go deep.

I've heard that the bubble from exhaul annoying especially if we hold camera. Has she complained about the bubbles before ?
If you dive with head vertical all regulators can release bubbles that go across field of vision but with the Mikron this will happen sooner and to a greater degree then with regulators that have a larger exhaust. I honestly don’t notice it but others do.

I can find mk21 but cannot get s560 around me :(

What MK21 combination can you find where you are? The MK17/S560 or MK21/S560 are awesome combinations. Try harder to find them :)

I can find mk21 but cannot get s560 around me :(

Scubapro second stages: The S600 is an adjustable regulator with a metal air barrel. The S560 is the same regulator with a plastic air barrel. (NOTE: Older S600s also used a plastic air barrel). The S360 is an S560 without the adjustment. These should all breathe the same. The S360 and S560 can be upgraded to the S600. The G260 is the same as the older G250V in a smaller case.

The S620 TI is a new model that I believe uses a titanium air barrel and a smaller case. Supposedly the case and/or exhaust valve reduces the exhalation resistance over other Scubapro models.

Last edited:
There's no different in breathing, right ?

The Titan and Core (previously called the Titan LX) use the same first stage, the difference is in the second stages. The Core is a balanced second stage while the Titan is an unbalanced second stage. The Core should breathe marginally better. If possible I would recommend trying them both.

The S360 and S560 can be upgraded to the S600

Do you mean that one can get parts from SP for the S560 and the S360 for them to magically become s600 at a later time after purchase??

functionally, they would be identical after switching out the parts. no different than adding an adjustment knob to the xtx40.

Nope but I have heard that.

There's no different in breathing, right ?

Comparing Titan and Core, Core has a better (balanced) second stage. It will be easier to breathe at all depths.

Back
Top Bottom