Might buy a package from LP or ST, help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sammyman

Registered
Reaction score
I live in the bay area so I dive Monterey about 2 times a year. Soon I am taking a trip to Cancun, and parts of the Caribbean and am thinking that it might pay to have my own gear. Since I will be traveling, I am thinking of only buying my gauges, reg and octo. I think hauling a BCD might be a pain.

What packages could handle the cold water of monterey, and the caribbean without breaking the bank? Also, I may buy one for me and one for my wife if I can get a package - package deal if you know what I mean. Thanks for the advice.

Well ...
LP has good prices and has their own warr. and stands behind it on the products that they are not manufacture dealers for.

ST has good prices and are manufacturer dealers for all their products. And from what I've seen here on SB, very good customer support.

Me? I would call or PM Larry or Joe at ST and see what they will do for you .... ScubaBoard - View Profile: scubatoys they are active members of this board and I've only seen good things posted about their helpfulness and products

D_B got it right and ST will match LP prices. The customer service is as good as it gets. Call Joe or any of the folks really and tell them what your are looking for and they will likely cut you a good deal. Being a manufacturer dealer for all they sale says it all.

Best Price On Scuba Gear - Guaranteed!

You won't find this statement anywhere on the LP site.

LP has huge amounts of grey-market gear, hence the need for "thier own warranty".

ScubaToys is an authorized dealer for all thier gear, so no grey market. ScubaToys will also bend over backwards to fix a problem for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom