Miflex Regulator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an octo/inflator on my travel BP/W rig.........I know......:shocked2:

The Milflex is awesome for that application due to the flexibility.......

I route my SPG under my arm and clip it to my left chest D-Ring - here the Milflex 20" HP super thin hose is again perfect.....

The SPG is always clipped off, never dangles......in fact is never unclipped......

As far as mouth comfort.....that is the best part of the Milflex hose......no swivel required........

M

Isn't the swivel on an Atomic on the hose? I had the swivel hose on my Z2s but swapped them out for the Miflex. IMHO the swivels don't work well when pressurized and I was still winding up with jaw fatigue. The difference in weight and the flexibility of the Miflex eliminated the need for the swivel and the jaw fatigue problem is a thing of the past. I highly recommend the Miflex hoses.

I use an octo/inflator on my travel BP/W rig.........I know......:shocked2:

The Milflex is awesome for that application due to the flexibility.......

+1 on the quick-disconnect Miflex hoses!

miflex_jacket1_1242939514.jpg

I always disliked the way a standard rubber hose would push/pull my LPI around; I have a very short corrugated hose (no octo/combo) and couldn't find a short enough standard hose for my singles config. Even if I did, that would have required two hoses, as I'd need an addition hose long enough for my doubles config.

The 22" Miflex hose is perfect length for both singles and doubles rigs. Short and flexible enough to not be unruly in singles set up. Long enough - and flexible enough - to easily route from left post to right side in doubles set up.

I have a Miflex 7'lp & 24"lp on backgas, 40"lp on deco and a 18" lp inflator for my argon. I like the flexibility of the hoses and especially the weight.

I plan on adding one more lp inflator for my BC and keeping my HP on a standard hose for now. Very happy with Miflex

I've had these for a while now and they route so much better than the previous hoses

I love mine.

I use a 7' LP, 24" LP, 18" LPI, 30" LPI (for drysuit), 30" HP...all Miflex. Nothing but good things to say.

I too use all Miflex, 40"LP, 22"LP, 22"LPI and 24"HP. Like them all except the HP, I have to position the SPG exactly how I want it to sit as once its pressurized it will not swivel/move, not a biggy but a little annoying as if I foget to position I have to turn gas off de pressurize re position and turn gas on again. Am unsure why its made like this? I have read others mention the same problem. I assume Miflex are aware of this, I will post in their forum.

I am looking to cross all my hoses over to Miflex small diameter hoses, but one big issue is holding me up.

There are parts of my rig that fit the existing hoses perfectly, but if I switch over it'll not fit correctly.
As an example, My HP hose to the BC inflater is clipped to the large deflator hose. The new smaller hoses will not clip in at all.
The HP hose to my console has a fitted shoulder on the console to fit the "normal hose " diameters. The new hose will flop around in the large hole.
Is anyone making clips to cross over to existing equipment? I have yet to find but one clip, that connects the smaller hose to a normal old hose diameter. Not that usefull in most cases, certainly not mine.
I am thinking of buying one hose and then going to the hardware store to find a grommet that might fit the hose as well as the existing clips I have.
One other item I just thought about.. Do they come with pre-made connectors to fit the BC's and dry suits or will I need a coupler to hook it all togther?

Rick, how about fitting some o-rings on the Miflex to adjust the OD difference?
Just an idea, but this may be less cumbersome?

Back
Top Bottom