Miflex Regulator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCTX50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone out there heard of these hoses? Any reviews on them if you have any experience with them?

Miflex Regulator Hose

Great hoses....much lighter and more flexible than regular hoses.......

So they are much easier to travel and dive with.........

I hope they hold up well......I just converted my darling brides and my rigs to them.....

I felt they were worth the money........

M

So far everything I have seen on SB is very positive. Flexible, lightweight, and so far holding up well for those of us that have them. Mine are a year old and have 100+ dives on them and look/work like new.

They are a very good product. If your mouth/jaw get stressed by your current regulator hose a new 2nd stage miflex hose may be a good idea. They are not cheap but they do last!

Love them.

I'm not sure about the HP one though. I love the flexibility, but there has been a few reports about quality issues, the spool doesn't rotate as well as on a traditional HP, and it's so thin you can accidentally clip things on the hose itself.

I'm alternating between standard and miflex HP (single/doubles rig) and I still can't make my mind.

The weight thing is not as marked on the LP hoses. I have actually weighed my hoses and here are the results, which I found disappointing:-
HP 56 g vs 190 g
BC inflator 26" 114 g vs 122 g
LP 30" 114 g vs 142 g
Given as miflex weight in grams first followed by standard hose weight in grams. So while more flexible the weight saving is negligible except for the HP hose.

I have about 200 dives on my Miflex hoses at this point, most of which are wreck penetration dives. Singles rig, doubles rig, stage bottles, deco bottles - all hoses are still in perfect condition.

You can read my Miflex mini-review at the bottom of this page: Miflex Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com

I do have a Miflex HP hose...but the jury is still out on that one. All the benefits that make Miflex great for an LP hose (thinner, more supple, slicker, flexible, etc) seem to actually make for a sub-optimal HP hose. If you don't clip off your gauge/console it will flop all over the place - even when pressurized - allowing it to damage environment, making it hard to find, and even creating more of an entanglement hazard. If you clip off gauge/console the hose can still get caught up in itself, other stuff, etc. It's so thin that with gloves on it's hard to distinguish the hose by feel from a d-ring, cord from a stage rigging kit, a clipped off goodie bag, etc. I've actually mistakenly clipped stage/deco bottles to the HP Miflex hose - its that thin that I couldn't feel difference vs d-ring and the snap on the stage rigging easily clipped on to it. (You can imagine the Charlie Foxtrot that would ensue doing a gas switch if you were clipped off thusly!)

For my HP hose I like standard rubber HP hose that "stands proud" when pressurized - easier to clip-off/un-clip, if not clipped it still sort of stays in one place/direction, etc.

I added a LP Miflex hose to one of my regs and after 136 dives (unusual precision for me, but I was curious) it is still working fine, but does exhibit a bit of fraying on the outside of the curve where it has contacted rocks during swimthroughs and when lobster diving. I have never had a problem with mouth issues caused by standard hoses, but see that a Miflex primary might be a plus for someone with a sensitive mouth. However, especially given the weight differences quoted above, I see absolutely no need for Miflex hoses for inflator, octo, and especially HP use.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom