Midnight showing of "Revenge of the Sith"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw the 12:01am showing of the movie Thursday ...... great party...... Lots of people in costumes. Movie is definitenly for STAR WAR fans only ..... it's not a stand alone story but wraps up the saga quit nice. The movie is a little "darker" than the others before it due to the death and destruction in it. Heard that bootleg copies are already out to be purchase on the net and in New York.

Scubatooth:
well i was one of the crazys that went and saw the movie at a little after midnight(but not one of those that dressed up unlike 99% of those that saw it at 1201 in one of the other theatres where i saw it. they had 8 screens showing it and all were sold out(450 per theatre* 8 screens *$7.75 ~30k for 1 showing set). as for tickets im not one for standing in line so i got them online and by passed the droves standing in line to by them, LOL

to me the movie was real good as luca tied up most of the lose end in the story, but it is one dark movie as it part it scared the stuff out of me. but now for me im waiting for the local imax to get it in and i will go see it again.

now anybody want to take bets on what this movie makes $$$ wise, as i have $20 in my groups bettting pool.

here are my bets
opening day take 20 million
Opening weekend ~200 million
Overall world Wide gross(before DVD sales) 1 Billion +

FWIW

Tooth

Here you go:

LOS ANGELES - The last of the "Star Wars" movies has done what no movie in history has ever accomplished — sold $50 million worth of tickets in a single day.

"Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" grossed $50,013,859 from showings at 3,661 theaters and more than 9,000 screens around the country on Thursday, including special midnight shows, according to box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations. That beat the one-day record set in May 2004 by "Shrek 2," which sold $44.8 million on a single Saturday — its fourth day in theaters.

"It's staggering," said Bruce Snyder, president of domestic distribution at Twentieth Century Fox. "It's probably 20 percent more than I thought we could do."

The George Lucas film, which features the transformation of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker into the evil Darth Vader, also beat the opening day record held by "Spider-Man 2," which grossed $40.4 million when it opened on a Wednesday last June.

"Fifty million is a good opening weekend, let alone a single day," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Exhibitor Relations. "This is the box office equivalent of a 100-year flood."

The news comes as a relief to Hollywood, which has seen a box office slump for 12 straight weeks.

Theater owners, studios and marketing partners had their hopes pinned on "Star Wars," to kick-start the summer movie season and they weren't disappointed.

The film debuted on 2,900 screens at midnight Thursday. The take from that one showing alone was $16.5 million, which beat the previous record of $8 million set by "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in 2003.

Lil' Irish Temper:
The film debuted on 2,900 screens at midnight Thursday. The take from that one showing alone was $16.5 million, which beat the previous record of $8 million set by "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in 2003.

Yep, $40.00 for 4 people of that $16.5 million was mine!

I saw it last night at 11:30. I must say I really did like it. It was closure- things felt complete. However, you could definately tell that George Lucas has never ever ever had a truly romantic moment from the way he writes his love scenes. They are just horrible. I think that is the reason you say Natalie Portman was lacking, is that she didn't have the script to meet her potential. What you had to do was just block it out, and watch the screen, and you were fine. This movie does not at all have a happy ending, but did you really expect it to?

Overall verdict: Some of the writing was HORRIBLE, but overall, Star Wars Episode III fills in the gaps and completes the Star Wars saga in a way that won't leave you disappointed.

You know what I take back what I said about Natalie Portman's appearance. Saw her last night on the tube, sporting the Demi Moore "G.I. Jane" hairdoo, for an upcoming role. She looked the same. So I presume they were trying to make her look older with makeup and lighting, etc. to make the illusion of the passage of time between II and III.

I think that is the reason you say Natalie Portman was lacking, is that she didn't have the script to meet her potential
I agree, she's a good actress, just underutilized in at the least this episode.

I saw the movie friday night, bought episode IV, V, and VI on saturday and am now watching VI where Luke goes to Vader. III is nice but could have been better.

shark.byte.usa:
I agree, she's a good actress, just underutilized in at the least this episode.

I must say I am just the tiniest bit impartial.
Reasons being:

1) She's Jewish, and Convservative Jewish (And CJ has NOTHING to do with politics!!)
2) She's well versed in Hebrew (Jewish Day School education (like me,) and studied in Israel for a year.)
3) She has a Harvard degree
4) She's a respectable actress
5) She's HOT!

But most of all…

6) SHE'S (half) ISRAELI!!!!

So she's perfect. I will kill anyone that begs to differ.

baltimoron:
Reasons being:

1) She's Jewish, and Convservative Jewish (And CJ has NOTHING to do with politics!!)
2) She's well versed in Hebrew (Jewish Day School education (like me,) and studied in Israel for a year.)
5) She's HOT!

But most of all…

...but not to be on a religious soapbox or anything..... :toilet :toilet

baltimoron:
Reasons being:

5) She's HOT!

But most of all…

LOL...So when is the wedding??? I haven’t been to a good Jewish wedding in years…Shalom & Mosel tov!

...She is hot!

baltimoron:
Reasons being:

5) She's HOT!

But most of all…

Soooo, what I think your really trying to say is she's Israeli, hot, and Jewish :D

Not to cool with the whole - "I will kill anyone that begs to differ" :58: Violates the TOS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom