Midnight showing of "Revenge of the Sith"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm taking my kids to see it tonight probably, figure it's playing on hundreds of screens, I can find one that isn't too full, don't think I had a problem when the others came out, or the LOR movies either.

On a different note, couldn't sleep last night and started watching some Star Wars documentary on A&E, wasn't suprised to learn that at least on the 1st movie (IV). they shoved a microphone down a regulator for Darth's breathing.

shark.byte.usa:
I'm taking my kids to see it tonight probably, figure it's playing on hundreds of screens, I can find one that isn't too full, don't think I had a problem when the others came out, or the LOR movies either.
Good luck on that one, its gonna be near packed out for a few days yet!

I never go to the first night, just cant stand that whole crowd thing.

ScottZeagle:
"LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!!"

i think in modern parlance that would be:

"Luke, I am your momma's sister's ex-husband who she claims got her pregnant,
but she's lying, and I ain't gonna take no DNA test just in case the cops screw
me over like they did that Peterson guy, and we did live in the same trailer park
for a while, but that's all!"

Goin tonight at 9pm EST. Let ya know how it goes. I'm excited. I live on Ohio State's campus, so seeing midnight shows are a blast the night they come out. Usually people are drinking in the theater and people cheer constantly at the fights and boo the bad scenes...it's pretty fun. I can see where it would get on people's nerves, but it's fun for me. Couldnt get tix for last night, so me and the fiance are goin tonight. And she's the one dieing to see it, not me!

We have tickets on Monday. We're staying in the Marriott ant the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and renting a car to drive to Pearl City to see it :D

movie tickets $12
rental car $30
hmmmm................

cowprintrabbit:
We have tickets on Monday. We're staying in the Marriott ant the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and renting a car to drive to Pearl City to see it :D

movie tickets $12
rental car $30
hmmmm................
Going to Oahu...priceless

I LOVED IT!!!!!
We always see Star Wars opening midnight. I'm (marginally) functioning on less than four hours and I can't wait to see it again.
The fans were served well with this one.

well i was one of the crazys that went and saw the movie at a little after midnight(but not one of those that dressed up unlike 99% of those that saw it at 1201 in one of the other theatres where i saw it. they had 8 screens showing it and all were sold out(450 per theatre* 8 screens *$7.75 ~30k for 1 showing set). as for tickets im not one for standing in line so i got them online and by passed the droves standing in line to by them, LOL

to me the movie was real good as luca tied up most of the lose end in the story, but it is one dark movie as it part it scared the stuff out of me. but now for me im waiting for the local imax to get it in and i will go see it again.

now anybody want to take bets on what this movie makes $$$ wise, as i have $20 in my groups bettting pool.

here are my bets
opening day take 20 million
Opening weekend ~200 million
Overall world Wide gross(before DVD sales) 1 Billion +

FWIW

Tooth

simbrooks:
Good luck on that one, its gonna be near packed out for a few days yet!

I never go to the first night, just cant stand that whole crowd thing.
Just got back, picked the kiddies up at school @ 3 and went straight to the theater, no lines, a zillion viewings, walked right in to a half empty theater and had great seats. We were about 20 mins early, it did fill up, before it started.

All in all it was a good movie, tied up the loose ends, I have closure. My only gripe at the moment is Natalie Portman's character, Padmei (spelling?) was dissapointing in this one, got all weak in this one, not the like I & II or Princess Leia in IV-VI. I didn't even recognize her at first, she got bowtox or something, looked different??

I don't want to give anything away so we'll leave the discussion for later.

Using my Jedi mind control -

You do not want to go to the movie, you want to send all your money to LIT.

Back
Top Bottom