Mid Range Watch Computer - Geo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishydiver123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to buy a new dive computer to replace a chunky and unreliable Oceanic veo 100nx. I want something watch sized, as the 'puck style' computers are too chunky for my liking, and my eyesight is still, thank God, fine.

At the moment, I am looking at the Oceanic Geo 2, which I can get for £230, and the Suunto D4i, which is about £280. Is the D4i worth it or should I just save myself £50 and get the Oceanic? The lifetime warranty is certainly attractive, and I don't see myself using air integration at the moment, so I am leaning towards the Geo, but I want to be sure that there's no major drawbacks.

One more thing: there is an eBay listing for an Oceanic Atom 2.0 going for £150 without a warranty but unused. The seller is new to ebay. Is it worth the risk or should I stick with my instincts and go for something new?

Thanks in advance for the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom