Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used PSP and it is a lot of bang for the buck. I have played with Elements because some of my customers use it so I need to be able to get around on it. I think it is also a lot of bang for the buck. I don't know of any crashing problems associated with it. I have also used Photopaint years ago. Of course I use CS2 myself and have used PS since version 3.0. I wouldn't think of using anything else now. Ron's advice is best. Try 'em all and use whatever blows your dress up! They are good and will help your photos.

One other strength in Adobe products that hasn't been addressed in this thread is the amount of people using them. I think the learning curve on Elements and PSCS2 is greatly enhanced up by the amount of help, tricks and tips you can get on forums like this and the countless number of websites devoted to them. I have seen posts asking about PSP or Photopaint go completely unanswered because there just aren't as many people using them. That doesn't happen with Adobe Products.

Crashing problems can happen with any of the powerful imaging programs if you don't have the RAM to handle them. They require a huge buffer. When I wanted to start using RAW conversion, I ended up buying a new computer because my old POS wouldn't handle them. It took me 45 minutes to modify ONE picture in the Olympus software, and I crashed 6 times trying. Unless you have a minimum of 512 and preferably a gig, most imaging programs can be sketchy.

I've used Microsoft Digital Imaging quite a bit and I think it is very powerful. It has some great tools (the best IMHO is "Straighten"). However I still use Photoshop as my primary editing tool. If I didn't have both I think I could live with Digital Imaging.

++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom