• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Michigan Lake Temps

Discussion in 'Central United States' started by Resqdivemedic, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Resqdivemedic

Resqdivemedic Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hello, I will be traveling to Michigan late June for work and was wondering what the inland lake temps would be. Even an average would be fine. I will be diving a lake south of Traverse City. I am trying to figure out what thickness suit I should bring along. Thanks in advance.

2. Beau640

Beau640 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    It depends on the depth. The Great Lakes will be in the low 40s all year round at depth. A couple of inland lakes I dive by the end of June around 40 feet will get to the high 50's maybe 60. Anything deeper tends to stay in the high 40's low 50's year round but again depends on the lake. Plan for 50 degrees.

3. Joneill

Joneill Loggerhead Turtle

Hmmm... I always figured there were only 2 temps up there: ice and no ice (but still quite cold) :)

4. Resqdivemedic

Resqdivemedic Public Safety Diver

Thanks. I will probably bring my semi dry. The depth of the lake I am diving is 60 feet so I figured it get chilly.

5. bourj

bourj Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I know this is an older thread, but I felt the need to share-- I dove two wrecks out of Milwaukee yesterday, bottom temp was 67-69 at both. Absolutely insane.