Miami recommendations ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
So let's say you are at MIA at 6AM, your hotel is near the airport, you have no gear and you are in town for say 30 hours.... You don't want to drive to the Keys, and you don't want to drive to FTL. Ideally you would like a 2 tank trip say 60/40. Suggestions/links appreciated.

lhpdiver:
So let's say you are at MIA at 6AM, your hotel is near the airport, you have no gear and you are in town for say 30 hours.... You don't want to drive to the Keys, and you don't want to drive to FTL. Ideally you would like a 2 tank trip say 60/40. Suggestions/links appreciated.

I'd call Ocean Safari. They will take good care of you...

lhpdiver:

I'd call RJ at http://rjdiving.com He has a brand new Newton 46' Dive Special and he's a straight shot on the 836 over to South Beach. He also has rental dive available. You won't be disappointed.

After the dive, you can step off the boat and have lunch or dinner at Monty's in the same clothes. And all of South Beach is within short walking distance.

mike_s:
http://www.divemiami.com might help.

has info on sites and maybe about 10 shops that are "members".

You have to pay to be in that group so not very many shops will be there. They only list two dive charters and both are at the north end of the county (H2O Scuba and Tropic Diver).

Personally, I'd get out of Dodge ASAP. I've never met a city I didn't like... until I went to Miami. Nothing but problems there. However, I didn't dive so that might have made the rest of the experience bearable. Good luck!

Dr. Bill

I have to agree with Brain - he always misspells his name out of modesty - about RJ - it's about the easiest way you're gonna be able to dive there staying at the airport. If that's a hassle or he's not running, truck on down to Coral Gables and plunk your jet-lagged carcass in the Venetian Pool for a spell. Coral Gables is still the only city I've been in that has valet parking for the meters.
http://www.venetianpool.com/
Hey listen - don't listen to these Miami naysayers. There's a ton of stuff to do down there within a 6 mile radius of the airport that does NOT involve or require the use of large caliber firearms to have fun and/or remain in the upright vertical position.
Uh, wait a second - lhpdiver - that's Lighthouse Point, right? You know all this stuff then and I'm just preaching to the choir.

Tom Winters:
I have to agree with Brain - he always misspells his name out of modesty - about RJ - it's about the easiest way you're gonna be able to dive there staying at the airport. If that's a hassle or he's not running, truck on down to Coral Gables and plunk your jet-lagged carcass in the Venetian Pool for a spell. Coral Gables is still the only city I've been in that has valet parking for the meters.
http://www.venetianpool.com/
Hey listen - don't listen to these Miami naysayers. There's a ton of stuff to do down there within a 6 mile radius of the airport that does NOT involve or require the use of large caliber firearms to have fun and/or remain in the upright vertical position.
Uh, wait a second - lhpdiver - that's Lighthouse Point, right? You know all this stuff then and I'm just preaching to the choir.

Very astute observation on your part :) but the farthest South I've ever been on a boat from here is Tenneco Towers (diving that is). 'Cept for getting in the car and driving to Key Largo... I know nothing of Miami. I was doing research for a friend. After my limited investigation there seems to be a void of info on sites etc between South Broward and the Keys.

If you only have 30 hours left in town you would need to get wet REAL QUICKLY!!!!!! as you only have 6 Hours before you need to be on top and start off gasing, Assuming that you would be flying back out. For me........I'd go North to Broward!

flyinghuntster:
If you only have 30 hours left in town you would need to get wet REAL QUICKLY!!!!!! as you only have 6 Hours before you need to be on top and start off gasing, Assuming that you would be flying back out. For me........I'd go North to Broward!

I guess that's why I don't let my body look at my watch. It's a wonder I'm still alive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom