Miami hotel after late night through customs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Feb we stayed in the Miami Airport hotel. I am not sure if I would stay there again. The room was average sized, beds were comfortable. The window was comical. The drapes were your standard sized hotel window drapes(which were closed up on arrival) but the actual window was perhaps a 2' X 2' port hole(somewhere I have the photo). It was not a big deal since I wanted a quiet room and we were not there for the views. While the convenience and location were unparalleled, the time spent in line to check in defeated the whole purpose of staying there. We had a reservation, but spent a good 40 minutes standing in line to check in. I have a hunch that the hotels listed above probably would have had me shuttled, checked in and in my room much sooner.

We're going to Bonaire in April. AA cancelled our early AM flight to Miami from Philadelphia and our evening flight back home. We're staying in the Miami International Airport Hotel as mentioned above by @KathyV. I'll post how it works out.
Don't you just love AA!!! I have started insuring trips because this airline is the worst!! I have to use them upon occasion because they are the only one with service to area where I have a job, and I regret it every time. I also look into other airports in a 1 1/2 hour radius to see if I can avoid using AA. Curious if they gave you a voucher for meals and hotels.

Thanks everyone. I booked the Courtyard at the airport and we are getting setup for Global Entry.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom