Miami hotel after late night through customs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fat Daddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

We're doing 16 days in Bonaire in June and arriving back in Miami around 7:30. This is our second trip and last trip we got out of customs and in the car around 11 for a 3 hour drive back to Sarasota. Not doing that again, too much of a chance of my old ass falling asleep at the wheel Clark Grizwold style. Can anyone recommend an easily accessible hotel close to the Miami airport to crash at? Thanks

Jason

Hello,

We're doing 16 days in Bonaire in June and arriving back in Miami around 7:30. This is our second trip and last trip we got out of customs and in the car around 11 for a 3 hour drive back to Sarasota. Not doing that again, too much of a chance of my old ass falling asleep at the wheel Clark Grizwold style. Can anyone recommend an easily accessible hotel close to the Miami airport to crash at? Thanks

Jason

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport last April under similar circumstances. That's my go-to place from now on. Great location, reliable shuttle, everything you want.
1201 NW Le Jeune Road
305 642-8200

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Stated at the Aloft 3 times last year.
Very comfortable, great staff, Starbucks in the car park and restaurants nearby.
Part of Marriott. Make sure you google ALoft Miami Airport as I think there are 3 in Maimi.
Shuttle takes about 15-20 minutes but I found this much better than average.

Do you have Global Entry? Whenever we go through customs we look like rock stars. We typically get through as quickly as we can walk. Having only carry-on bags helps too.

Hello,

Jason

I have stayed in the Miami International Hotel inside the airport and it's so easy. Just exit customs and walk straight to your room, and you can worry about picking up the rental car in the morning after breakfast.

MIA Hotel

We're going to Bonaire in April. AA cancelled our early AM flight to Miami from Philadelphia and our evening flight back home. We're staying in the Miami International Airport Hotel as mentioned above by @KathyV. I'll post how it works out.

Do you have Global Entry? Whenever we go through customs we look like rock stars. We typically get through as quickly as we can walk. Having only carry-on bags helps too.

Yuppers, That Global Entry is an absolute necessity IMHO. BUT if I do it again I would get NEXUS as it includes Canada. I have stayed in Hotel Airport... It is fine but Marriott has more options for meals a pool/spa etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom