"Mexico Safer than Headlines Indicate"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:thumb:

I think I feel safer in Mexico than in South Tucson.

Mexico is a safe or unsafe as you want...

Hey ggunn, - You list countries that are involved in the current war on terrorism. I guess you never heard of the war on drugs... I would liken some cartel members to Osama bin laden and the Islamic extremist. They have bombs, fully automatic weapons, short range missiles, they love cocaine, they have lots of our money, frequently kidnap Americans- especially children, with less religious restraints- that’s scary...

Stay out of the tourist trap area's- unless you want to get robbed. Oh and always open your own beer! If you travel deep into the heart of Mexico, you best acquire some protection- just remember to leave it there when you’re done...

Brendon, your statements are a little extreme. Someone's spreading some FUD!

FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Scare Tactics.

Brendon, your statements are a little extreme. Someone's spreading some FUD!

FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Scare Tactics.

Considering my stays have not been limited to the US cities located within Mexicos border... I have spent months at a time there traveling to places most americans do not. Sure my statement is a little scary lol, but I have seen first hand things that may only air on a episode of Faces of Death. How safe your vacation will be, depends on were you go and what you do... Its probably not a fair comparison to a scuba diver staying at a resort in cozumel.

Considering my stays have not been limited to the US cities located within Mexicos border... I have spent months at a time there traveling to places most americans do not. Sure my statement is a little scary lol, but I have seen first hand things that may only air on a episode of Faces of Death. How safe your vacation will be, depends on were you go and what you do... Its probably not a fair comparison to a scuba diver staying at a resort in cozumel.

:spit:

I can say I've driven a fair amount in Mexico. I don't think I'd enter through the Juarez area anymore, but I'm okay driving in Mexico.

Hey ggunn, - You list countries that are involved in the current war on terrorism. I guess you never heard of the war on drugs...
Compared to what is going on in the countries I listed, the so-called War On Drugs is very small potatoes.

Reactions: Jax
Agreed.

Compared to what is going on in the countries I listed, the so-called War On Drugs is very small potatoes.

Really...? The last figure released by the Mexican government on the number of dead during its 4 1/2-year, military-led crackdown on organized crime came in January, at just over 40,000. I realize thats not even closes to the 2 million that have died in the middle east due to the war on terror. Then again we did most of the killing and our own losses are less then 5000 to date 9yrs... VS about 2900 american losses in mexico in half the of time 4 1/2yrs.... Im sorry, which place is more dangerous?

Back
Top Bottom