Mexico - Air Travel Exit Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Came back via Cancun Tuesday, no tax and email on my phone with negative covid test was OK.
Nice to hear. Which airline? I haven't been following the changes closely as I expect them to be totally changed again by August anyway, but I have heard that American requires you use an impossible app/

I'm resistant to additional, greedy taxes. Cozumel's pitiful eco tax is cheap, but I have a hunch that it's just another grab someone came up with while the other crooks were designing larger thefts. My plane ticket for August already includes
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT DEPARTURE TAX - TUA (MEXICO) $41.91 USD plus
TOURISM TAX (MEXICO) $29.73 USD aside from the US taxes and fees.

And then the airline does whatever they want in spite of promises. I booked a flight with a one hour connection and a late lunch on arrival, but they've changed those flights a few times since. Currently looking at a three hour connection and hopefully at my hotel in time for supper.

The chances of that happening is quite low. Even the CDC, is acknowledging that now by loosening the restrictions, and is now saying that vaccinated people no longer need to mask in almost all situations.
The day after I placed an order for new masks. Eh, I've been using the same six on my infrequent outings for a year, spraying each with alcohol after use, then placing it in a numbered paper bag to dry out for days in rotation. Those seem about worn out tho, saggy elastics at least, and I think I'll keep wearing the new ones on outings since most of the unmasked are still unvaccinated. I'll still need to wear on planes and in Cozumel for now anyway.

Nice to hear. Which airline? I haven't been following the changes closely as I expect them to be totally changed again by August anyway, but I have heard that American requires you use an impossible app/

I'm resistant to additional, greedy taxes. Cozumel's pitiful eco tax is cheap, but I have a hunch that it's just another grab someone came up with while the other crooks were designing larger thefts. My plane ticket for August already includes
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT DEPARTURE TAX - TUA (MEXICO) $41.91 USD plus
TOURISM TAX (MEXICO) $29.73 USD aside from the US taxes and fees.

And then the airline does whatever they want in spite of promises. I booked a flight with a one hour connection and a late lunch on arrival, but they've changed those flights a few times since. Currently looking at a three hour connection and hopefully at my hotel in time for supper.

The day after I placed an order for new masks. Eh, I've been using the same six on my infrequent outings for a year, spraying each with alcohol after use, then placing it in a numbered paper bag to dry out for days in rotation. Those seem about worn out tho, saggy elastics at least, and I think I'll keep wearing the new ones on outings since most of the unmasked are still unvaccinated. I'll still need to wear on planes and in Cozumel for now anyway.

See post #34 -- to which I'll add...

My experience traveling so far has been that these new travel apps are a work in progress -- including VERIFLY. A couple of us downloaded it and later tried to use it -- mostly out of curiosity. Couldn't even get past step 1. Paper is and always will be your friend.

We were on JetBlue.

Both Travel companion and I filled out , uploaded, were approved on mandatory veriFLY app. Flight Cozumel Mexico to Dallas Fort Worth Texas .

Still says incomplete won’t allow check in on American Airlines website or app.

Both Travel companion and I filled out , uploaded, were approved on mandatory veriFLY app. Flight Cozumel Mexico to Dallas Fort Worth Texas .

Did you look at or read the reviews of the app before you downloaded it?
And you're surprised?

Whatever. I'm just going to do what they tell me and if they don't look at it, I won't sweat it. If there are some disconnects in what passes for a system, I'm not surprised. This is unprecedented and everyone is figuring it out as we go.
Enjoy spending 6 hours navigating then praying that the buggy mandatory verifly phone app judges,
Whatever. I'm just going to do what they tell me and if they don't look at it, I won't sweat it. If there are some disconnects in what passes for a system, I'm not surprised. This is unprecedented and everyone is figuring it out as we go.

allows your COVID test as real and gives you permission to fly. Otherwise you return to the USA by boat or land.

Did you look at or read the reviews of the app before you downloaded it?
And you're surprised?
No choice if flying American Airlines. Use the app or don’t check in and probably don’t board the plan. Hopefully your delay is 12 hours then they cancel your flight with no refund

Considering that the breakthrough cases are a fraction of a fraction of a percent, there is probably no data.

I think the next restriction we will see loosen is that international return testing requirement will probably go away for fully vaccinated people. As right now the guidance is that unless you are showing symptoms you don't need to be tested.
Huge amount of Americans refuse vax. Rather then refuse them entry without proof of vax the PC tactic is to punish everyone equally because of anti vaxxers.

You can always just check in at the ticket counter in the airport, can't you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom