Mexican Pride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ean diver is most likely working at the moment so I thought I'd help and copy all info from SB2 to here for he and those interested. Hope it helps.

Eandiver: We'll try it again on this site

Mexican Pride. 130' to the bottom and the deck is at 100'. 6 divers max, $100 pp. Capt Ty out of St.Pete (Baypines)
Buddy teams should be either single tank or doubles and at least advanced diver certified with a computer. The best times are weekdays for less crowding on the wreck (gulfdiver should be happy)

Single tank divers figure on two short dives on the Pride, double divers figure on one 20 + min to 120'. The third dive will be on a shallow site on the way in.

Talk amongst yourselves and come up with a plan.

Elchato:
What date would that be?

eandiver:
Whatever date the said group comes up with.

This involves 6 (or more) people talking amongst themselves, making a plan, contacting Capt. Ty with a date, working with him to finalize a date and doing the dive.

Capt. Ty:
The third dive can be another wreck or a reef - whatever you guys pick.

Narcosis:
If you plan this for August and can do it the last week of August (monday the 27th - Friday the 31st) you can put me down for 2 slots.

Would we be tieing into the wreck directly? with such short bottom times I wouldn't want to swim far for the anchor line.

GulfCoastDiver:

What would a trip like this cost, 3 tanks, 35 miles each way (or more)?

MissD:
$100 pp, check first post. I think it was said before we could not do 3 tanks. Ty is that correct?

DeepStops:
Post #4, Ty said dive #3 could be another wreck or reef

GulfCoastDiver:
Ok so it dose help to read the hole post

MissD:
The blind leading the blind here...guess I should have read closer as well. As DeepStops just noted dive number three can be on another wreck on the way in. Meaning it is a three tanker for $100

GulfCoastDiver:
ok , so when are we going? :yeahbaby:

elchato:
is the wreck really worth the short bottom time? never been there.
I mean, 20 minutes bottom time is kinda short... and I dive with a single tank.
and are the tanks included in the price?

Deepstops:
The biggest jewfish you'll ever see most likely.

EanDiver:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchato
is the wreck really worth the short bottom time? never been there.
I mean, 20 minutes bottom time is kinda short... and I dive with a single tank.
and are the tanks included in the price?
Yes it's worth the bottom time. You have to supply all of your gear including tanks.

Personally I think that considering the distance and current price of fuel it's an excellent price.

Eandiver:
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcosis
If you plan this for August and can do it the last week of August (monday the 27th - Friday the 31st) you can put me down for 2 slots.
Those dates work for me too. That's 3 people diving doubles so far.

did I mention the buddy teams need to have the same volume tanks so no one gets shorted on a dive?

JohnnyBravo:
I can do those dates!!! Any single tankers signed up yet?

BTW Scubaboard v1.0 is back up...

GulfCoastDiver:
I can do most any monday thru wednesday, and diving singles

Now Carry one :) :)

Please be sure to remember that once a date is confirmed to put this on the Conch calendar.

Missdirected:
Please be sure to remember that once a date is confirmed to put this on the Conch calendar.

Ok but are you in or out MissD?!?

-J.-

johnny_bravo:
Ok but are you in or out MissD?!?

-J.-

Well depending on the date, it looks as though you may already have your group. Narc mentioned Monday August the 27th - Friday the 31st. Ean, yourself, and Gulf said they could do that. I know Monday's aren't the best for GulfCoast diver, so what does everyone say about Tuesday, August 28th? What say the below six, I guess. :D

Dave - doubles
Louis - doubles
Ean - doubles
JohnnyBravo - Singles
GulfCoastDiver - Singles
Aue-Mike - RB

How does everyone get weekdays off....i don't understand this....wish i could get out there with you....that was a fun dive....

If you dive larger steel cylinders you won't even need to mess with doubles.....they are a hassle on a boat, especially getting out of the water.....we had 3 of us that did the dive last time with single LP108s and HP130s. We all ran up about 5 minutes of deco and got out with over half a tank with a total dive time of around 33 minutes i think. Just go get a really good fill....

If two slots open up let me know. My wife and I would like to dive the pride.

I agree with the post about using a low pressure steel single. Doubles are only needed if you intend to do a long deco or plan to go into an overhead environment

If two slots open up let me know. My wife and I would like to dive the pride.

I agree with the post about using a low pressure steel single. Doubles are only needed if you intend to do a long deco or plan to go into an overhead environment

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom