Metric and Imperial tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leadking:
Metric and US standards are just two different languages. Metric is the internal volume of a tank empty (what good is that) and US is volume filled to stated tank pressure. Let's confuse the dickens out of them and measure our tanks in gallons!
Even better would be GILLS. 32 gills per gallon, so the water capacity of an AL80 is about 100 gills. Very appropriate unit of measure for scuba divers. :D

Eris Lucan7*:
You better learn English,i think you mean the 300 bar tank get the 450bar proof

out off DIN paper Number 3171-1...,when that is mentiont yes but a ten liter

steal or alu 200 bar only 300 bar proof presure....

7*
Oh, you were talking about pressure tests? all tanks are tested to 150% of capacity so you are correct...just didnt understand that that was what you were posting about...

@marek k: I spent 6 yrs in school learning german and I still speak it once in a while so I´d be prepared to take my chances...

grazie42:
I spent 6 yrs in school learning german and I still speak it once in a while so I´d be prepared to take my chances...
I mean that her web site (mostly in English) is, um, interesting... Right, Erin? :D

Charlie99:
Even better would be GILLS. 32 gills per gallon, so the water capacity of an AL80 is about 100 gills. Very appropriate unit of measure for scuba divers. :D
<lol> I like it! Makes as much sense as any other system!

Yes....

My 5 Liter short(i think a 5 iter high is a needless product)tank have a

zylinder/Cubic) winding for to my DIN ventil,i brought her to a Divestore to get er

cleand and proofed back,the gui calld me back he told me he will send the bottel

to the proof but he do not fiel her wail she have a zylinder ventil but the she will be

proofed suxesfuel.I told him that i dont care for what he do wai i fiel my tanks by my

self.A German Engeneer will certificate tank a suxsefuel test when that have a DIN

incompatibel winding; that means the bottel is legeas ti fiel in a dive store,he was

fuel off nonsence to me...

7*

hmhm it is a Airconventil,....

I do not know about but the DIN was foundet under the German king in the years off

war to coordinate the bulletproduce,well U.S.America is mor or minder British formed

so that is clear no intest been in the Metric sytem that have his off spring on the

gram or milligram in Karat from the Arabian and near east units from ther markets

there,Briton had also no Hansa traderbound Citys ,ther Sealord odert to destroi all

Hansatic vessel on the Ocean so they never exaptet their signal as tradeunits...

7*

Eris Lucan7*:
Tomeck:
Why Americans don't use metric system, it's easier?
hmhm it is a Airconventil,....
I do not know about but the DIN was foundet under the German king in the years off
war to coordinate the bulletproduce,well U.S.America is mor or minder British formed
so that is clear no intest been in the Metric sytem that have his off spring on the
gram or milligram in Karat from the Arabian and near east units from ther markets
there,Briton had also no Hansa traderbound Citys ,ther Sealord odert to destroi all
Hansatic vessel on the Ocean so they never exaptet their signal as tradeunits...
That's the best explanation I've ever seen for why the USA is still using imperial units.

The reasons given in other explanations were less coherent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom