Metric and Imperial tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
Very, very well put. And this from an objective Canadian! :D

The inch came from a thumb?? How did they figure that? I have small hands, and every part of my thumb is quite a bit more than an inch. On me, an inch is precisely the distance between the tip of my index finger and the first knuckle.

--Marek

People were much smaller back then!!!! :eyebrow:

Marek K:
The inch came from a thumb?? How did they figure that? I have small hands, and every part of my thumb is quite a bit more than an inch.

An inch was originally the width of a man's thumb. Of course, since the Villiage Blacksmith always felt cheated when he bought a 6" roll of twine, it was later officially defined as the length of "3 barleycorns, dry and round, placed end to end lengthwise".

derwoodwithasherwood:
An inch was originally the width of a man's thumb. Of course, since the Villiage Blacksmith always felt cheated when he bought a 6" roll of twine, it was later officially defined as the length of "3 barleycorns, dry and round, placed end to end lengthwise".

Nice to know that Imperial measurements are based on such scientific constants!

derwoodwithasherwood:
Oh, the width of a thumb... that's better...

Man... Why does it take a Canadian to tell us all this?

Unless you're just making it all up?:11:

--Marek

Marek K:
Unless you're just making it all up?

Jeanne Bendick, How Much and How Many, The Story of Weights And Measures., (New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc. ©1947.) Second Printing. p19

Of course, if your personal library is either bereft of such valuable reference books or packed away in storage with your regulators awaiting your return to the US, you may prefer the following electronic document:

Russ Rowlett, How Many? A Dictionary of Units of Measurement (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina) http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictI.html, accessed 2005/06/07

A 12 Liter must hold 300bar as i rember,well abel im wrong,well tha are alo 5 and 10

liter Tanks,a gui from a Divestore had give me some negativ selons that he will not fiel

my 5 liter zylinder ventil he shoud only give it to the proof ,was intrsing conversation

fuel off nonsens,it is the zylinder ventil is more save under presure then the zentric

wail the outlet i on mimium and the the scrue locked....

7*

I think I´d have a better chance of understanding that if it was in german or french or whatever your native language is...

Not all 12 liter tanks are 300bar, most are 200 or 232...I actually don´t think I´ve ever seen one that is 300bars...the biggest 300bar tank I´ve seen was a 10l...

grazie42:
I think I´d have a better chance of understanding that if it was in german or french or whatever your native language is...
:D :D German, apparently, according to her .de web page.

Good luck understanding that, either. :confused:

Still I'm glad she's here. :D

You better learn English,i think you mean the 300 bar tank get the 450bar proof

out off DIN paper Number 3171-1...,when that is mentiont yes but a ten liter

steal or alu 200 bar only 300 bar proof presure....

7*

Back
Top Bottom