Mesh bag with shoulder straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I am looking for a large mesh bag. All of the ones I find seen to have either wheels (which I do not want as I want to be able to pack this inside of my checked luggage, ie. the mares mesh that folds up really small), or they do not have shoulder straps? Why would they make a large bag without shoulder straps? Does anyone know of one, preferably under $50?

So I am looking for a large mesh bag. All of the ones I find seen to have either wheels (which I do not want as I want to be able to pack this inside of my checked luggage, ie. the mares mesh that folds up really small), or they do not have shoulder straps? Why would they make a large bag without shoulder straps? Does anyone know of one, preferably under $50?

The following three links point to some Akona and Stahlsac bags that meet your criteria.

I own three of the Akona AKB234 bags pointed to by the first link. This is the same bag mentioned by ScibaDiver888 in his post # 4 in tis thread. I would strongly recommend this bag. The full length dry pocket is handy and not obvious to someone who does not own the bag. It keeps money and other important things dry.

I have Stahlsac rolling bags that are superb but the AKB234 mesh bag from Akona is much better than the the non-rolling mesh backpack that Stahlsac makes.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AKNBDMB.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3dAKB234%26SearchFlag%3dall%26AdvSrchSortField%3dRelevance%26DescSort%3d0%26Description%3don%26Hit%3d1

Akona Adventure Series Big Mouth Bag (AKB384) from LeisurePro.com

Gear Bags | Scuba Gear Bags, Diving Gear Bags & Snorkeling Gear Bags at LeisurePro.com

Last edited:
The Stahlsac bags are fantastic and will last you a lifetime!

I have an Akona bag. It is the size and shape of a sport duffle bag. It has the handle and zipper just like a duffle bag but it also has a drawstring opening on one end and shoulder straps. Here is a picture of it:

166.4_AKB234_image_4.jpg

If you go to the Akona website, you can see this one and other, smaller versions. The deluxe version is big enough to hold all my gear and then some (BCD, fins, regulator, mask, hood, gloves, lights, save a dive kit, weight belt, towel, swimming trunks, etc.). I can even stuff my 3mm wetsuit in it but it gets a little too compressed.

Additional recommendation on the Akona. It also has a nifty side zip and quick releases on the shoulder straps.

Try Armor

Stahlsac Bonaire !!!!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom