Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well well well, Fort Collins got another foot this am..
Not too bad w/ digging out..

Stay Warm !!

122806_1644.jpg

I had a quarter inch of ice on the ground and my car this morning. Does that count? :wink:

My Lubbock daughter called me last night to warn me that I was in for 5 to 10 inches of snow. :confused: I'd just checked the Weather Channel on my taskbar forecasting 1 to 3 inches, and the forecast she'd seen referenced areas to the west. Now - nothing! :shakehead

I guess it's been 20 years since we had a half foot of snow, and she doesn't remember that my brother & I are adapt at dealing with such. I'm sure he had the blade hooked up to a 4wd tractor and parked in the barn in case for easy starting. False alarm. :eyebrow:

DandyDon:
My Lubbock daughter called me last night to warn me that I was in for 5 to 10 inches of snow. :confused: I'd just checked the Weather Channel on my taskbar forecasting 1 to 3 inches, and the forecast she'd seen referenced areas to the west. Now - nothing! :shakehead

I guess it's been 20 years since we had a half foot of snow, and she doesn't remember that my brother & I are adapt at dealing with such. I'm sure he had the blade hooked up to a 4wd tractor and parked in the barn in case for easy starting. False alarm. :eyebrow:

The storm turned out to be mostly a bust in my area as well--which is nice, because I am about to take my son to the airport for his flight home.

We got a good 10" - 12" at my house the foothills of Albuquerque yesterday and lastnight. Still snowing right now, but it's slowing down.

Nice and wet snow too, was a real sonofagun to clear off the driveway!!! :shakehead

Good for the run off next spring though!!

Took a interesting pic of the snow ladened tree last night. The orange background is the ambient light from the city. Used a off camera strobe to light the tree.

snowboughsm.jpg

Happy New Year to all!!

Merry XMAS Kevin, and happy new year All!

I'm not going to post any artsy Fartsy photo's, but here is a couple from this storm...

SnowStorm_001.jpg

That deck/walkway in the foreground is about 3 1/2 feet off the ground, so the snow you see above , and to the sides of the deck line is well over 5 feet deep.
SnowStorm_002.jpg

I hope we are done for a while, but it looks like they are calling for more snow mid January.

Heard from a friend in Albuquerque tonight, after she got electricity back. She was without power from 9pm Friday to 6pm Saturday, I think she said.

No snow pics here...
cf83d399.gif

DandyDon:
Heard from a friend in Albuquerque tonight, after she got electricity back. She was without power from 9pm Friday to 6pm Saturday, I think she said.

No snow pics here...
cf83d399.gif

Did they move their refrigerated food outside to keep it from spoiling? :wink:

Harry holidays to all. Glad this storm is over spent 96 hours at the airport removing snow starting from the 21st till yesterday, good news we did get most of christmas eve off, christmas day and the day after off. Tired of chasing the airport blowers around.

And yet some more today... I had to help dig out a delivery truck. I bet my small pond will be diveable come spring.

Back
Top Bottom