Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was raining in Boulder until a few minutes ago. I have never shoveled rain in my life, so I was quite pleased. Unfortunately....

We have guests for dinner who may be dissuaded because of the snow. I will have a lot of food in that case. I may be putting out an all call for anyone with snow shoes and an appetite.

We already have 12" up by Nederland (Magnolia Road). Its nasty. It took 4 people 2-6hr days to clear our driveway last time as its about 125m long. We are hoping a 'friend of a friend' shows with a plow tomorrow.

I'm happy that we rarely get that much snow down here. I like to have it a few days out of the year, but beyond that it's just a pain in the backside to deal with. :)

boulderjohn:
It was raining in Boulder until a few minutes ago. I have never shoveled rain in my life, so I was quite pleased. Unfortunately....

We have guests for dinner who may be dissuaded because of the snow. I will have a lot of food in that case. I may be putting out an all call for anyone with snow shoes and an appetite.

I have an answer to shovelling driveways!:D

So..whats for dinner? lol

We already have about a foot of the fresh stuff.

Attachments

• jhndeer.jpg
    jhndeer.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 37
Divedoggie:

Hey, your tractor matches my Snowblower! I just picked up the LAST snowblower over 5hp available in Denver! :D Yes, a vintage 1990's 826. BTW, Kent, after seeing your kit, all I can say is..... :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

So, I think you need some TRACTOR CERTIFICATION. I'm thinking I'll rate you on driveway grating, and some other stuff! My driveway of course!

We have over a foot today/tonight. I have a 12,000lbs winch on the truck, and pulled a Audi TII convertable out of a hole today just after passing a brand new Dodge RAM rollover on 285, not sure if the people inside survived, it was bad. That was at 1:00pm, and I'm not planning on going ANYWHERE for a couple days with this MESS!

Happy New Years! Keep Safe, and STAY off the roads if you don't have something CRITICAL you need to be doing.

Divedoggie:

The prolonged rain really saved us here, I think. Convert that to snow, and we would be in some trouble. We only got about 8-10 inches, but it is snowing again.

My guests decided to brave the snow, so we managed to put away just about all of a huge pork crown roast without the help of any of you.

Sorry!

boulderjohn:
The prolonged rain really saved us here, I think. Convert that to snow, and we would be in some trouble. We only got about 8-10 inches, but it is snowing again.

My guests decided to brave the snow, so we managed to put away just about all of a huge pork crown roast without the help of any of you.

Sorry!

Yeah we only got 8~10 inches as well, between 3~7pm YESTERDAY! I had my driveway cleared the decks shoveled, and all in good shape when I went to bed. This morning I had to shovel out the furnace vent on the roof, and I have about 18" in my driveway, and that is AFTER the 12" we got yesterday. I generally don't mind snow, but this is getting very old, with another 12~24" inches on the way! :shakehead

Conifer has received over 100" of snow this season to date, and it's not even January!

Well, I'm off to get the snowblower going...

RonFrank:
Yeah we only got 8~10 inches as well, between 3~7pm YESTERDAY! I had my driveway cleared the decks shoveled, and all in good shape when I went to bed. This morning I had to shovel out the furnace vent on the roof, and I have about 18" in my driveway, and that is AFTER the 12" we got yesterday. I generally don't mind snow, but this is getting very old, with another 12~24" inches on the way! :shakehead

Conifer has received over 100" of snow this season to date, and it's not even January!

Well, I'm off to get the snowblower going...

I used to work in the central administration of Jeffco schools. When my work would take me up to the Conifer area in the winter....

Well, usually the weather was good, come to think of it. I only had a few bad times up there. Let's face it, we are dealing with historic weather here.

boulderjohn:
Let's face it, we are dealing with historic weather here.

Yeah, I've lived in Conifer for over 12 years, and in Denver for 4 years as a kid.

This is the most snow I've seen in Oct~Jan, and storms back to back like this are unusual.

The DenverItes are freakin out! Home Depot is OUT of snow shovels, as is ever other place. Too funny, as like it's not an expensive item, and you kinda need them, so why wait until you are buried? I think I have about a half dozen, some more worthless than others.

Less funny is everyone is out of Snow Blowers. The good news is that there will be a LOT of barely used high end snow blowers on the market shortly! Yeah if you live in Denver, you really do NOT need much of a blower. Unfortunately I can not say the same for Conifer, and I was very lucky to pick up a Beast of a blower in a John Deere 826 for only $250 at a time you can't even buy ANYTHING new!:confused: :D

I guess I learned a lesson, if your blower dies after the first storm, do NOT wait to find another! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom