Mermet Springs June 26 - 27?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone diving Mermet Springs June 26 -27 for the Treasure Hunt, or just plain fun? If you are, look for the short bald guy with a reg sticking out of his mouth. :eyebrow:

Brian

Bald? I thought you shaved your head.

I'll be the one winning the raffle for the DPV (I hope). Might also get stuck being the auctioneer for the treasure prizes--if not, I'll be nearby helping.

theskull

I was gonna go to Mermet that day for the treasure hunt, but now it looks like I might head to Haigh quarry in Illinois. Went to Mermet last year and loved it. Nice place to dive.

theskull:
Bald? I thought you shaved your head.

I'll be the one winning the raffle for the DPV (I hope). Might also get stuck being the auctioneer for the treasure prizes--if not, I'll be nearby helping.

theskull
Hmm, sounds like a rigged auction to me. So what's it going to cost me to win something good? :14:

The raffle is separate, and I can buy tickets and win a prize.

I am not allowed to participate in the treasure hunt, except as a buddy for someone who is looking for tokens and NEEDS a buddy. I can participate in the auction, but only by bidding actual money since I won't have any tokens. And all the money goes to Habitat for Humanity.

Satisfied?

So, it costs you $1 to have a chance to win the Olympus digital camera (or 15 tickets for $10). Costs $1 for a chance to win the SeaDoo DPV (15 for $10). $50 to participate in the treasure hunt, and whatever you want to bid above what value tokens you collect during the dive on the dozens of items worth thousands of dollars that will be auctioned.

theskull

jmoore73:
I was gonna go to Mermet that day for the treasure hunt, but now it looks like I might head to Haigh quarry in Illinois. Went to Mermet last year and loved it. Nice place to dive.

I've heard good reports about Haigh...how was it for you? Did you go up there with the discover midwest scuba group from Midwest Scuba?

I was up at Haigh with Midwest, we actually I run the program...

Haigh was wonderfull. Best visibility (30-40 ft) was first thing Saturday morning, but it never dropped below 10-15ft the entire weekend. A tremendous amount of fish. Tina (the owner) has worked hard to keep a solid and balanced eco system in the quarry.

Top side facilities are also very nice. Service was outstanding and all the staff was very friendly.

From many perspectives I enjoyed Haigh more than Mermet.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Terry

cortez:
I was up at Haigh with Midwest, we actually I run the program...

Haigh was wonderfull. Best visibility (30-40 ft) was first thing Saturday morning, but it never dropped below 10-15ft the entire weekend. A tremendous amount of fish. Tina (the owner) has worked hard to keep a solid and balanced eco system in the quarry.

Top side facilities are also very nice. Service was outstanding and all the staff was very friendly.

From many perspectives I enjoyed Haigh more than Mermet.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Terry

T, I know you run it...Thats why I have been trying to get you to go back. Check your email. I would like to try and check that place out too. I know it would be a little bit of a drive, but big deal.

Diverbob,

Didn't know it was you... Bob is afterall a fairly common name. Now that I know it's you, let me correct you. It's Explore Midwest Diving not Discover Midwest Scuba.

T

:11ztongue

Back
Top Bottom