Hello from Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you dive in Door County? Would love to do a few dives up there. My favorite summer spot.

We did quick 20 min dives, since we only have warm-water wesuits.

-Nicolet bay beach - figured we'd find a Rolex or two.... but none were found. A bit boring.
-Little Sister Bay / Pebble Beach - interesting timbers and lots of curious bass
-Eagle Harbor / Ephraim - in front of the golf course - interesting structure and bass
-Horseshoe Island - weedy, but interesting. Disturbed something LARGE, but I couldn't figure out what it might have been. It just left a disturbed patch of sand behind. Maybe a large Muskie?

We didn't get a chance to dive any wrecks. Maybe this July, we will!

We did quick 20 min dives, since we only have warm-water wesuits.

-Nicolet bay beach - figured we'd find a Rolex or two.... but none were found. A bit boring.
-Little Sister Bay / Pebble Beach - interesting timbers and lots of curious bass
-Eagle Harbor / Ephraim - in front of the golf course - interesting structure and bass
-Horseshoe Island - weedy, but interesting. Disturbed something LARGE, but I couldn't figure out what it might have been. It just left a disturbed patch of sand behind. Maybe a large Muskie?

We didn't get a chance to dive any wrecks. Maybe this July, we will!
Nothing like a mystery large lake monster!

Where did you dive in Door County? Would love to do a few dives up there. My favorite summer spot.
I have dived the fleetwing wreck out of Garret bay west of gills rock and a couple others that where nothing special. there are many wrecks in door county the problem is a lot are only excisable by boat and at the time I did it there where no charter boats. though looks like there is now, goby republic scuba, the captain/owner was are guide on are dives and he just got is captions license in the past year or two.

I have dived the fleetwing wreck out of Garret bay west of gills rock and a couple others that where nothing special. there are many wrecks in door county the problem is a lot are only excisable by boat and at the time I did it there where no charter boats. though looks like there is now, goby republic scuba, the captain/owner was are guide on are dives and he just got is captions license in the past year or two.

I was just looking for boats and did not see any. I will check out Goby. With an area with so many wreck stories it would be nice to see some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom