Mens underwear for under base layer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm looking for underwear to wear under my base layer. It needs to be very supportive for medical reasons and wick moisture away. Have you guys found anything that meets this criteria?

The first thing that comes to mind are athletic compression shorts, tights, and shirts, depending on where the compression is needed.

I wear Weezle extreme+, and a heated t-shirt that I can control up to 100W. All the shorts that I have tried just collect sweat and help to cool the body which is counterproductive - > dive nekked under the base layer, you'll be warmer

Michael

I wear Weezle extreme+, and a heated t-shirt that I can control up to 100W. All the shorts that I have tried just collect sweat and help to cool the body which is counterproductive - > dive nekked under the base layer, you'll be warmer

Michael

Cant do naked under base layer as I need good scrotal support.

Then try a typical Jockstrap, at least that way there isn't really that much more material to get damp with sweat.

Michael

Look for some good Silk men's brief shorts. There are a ton of options on Amazon. That's all I ever use, diving or everyday.

Wear the absolute minimum for support beneath your undergarment. I’ve tried wearing wicking thermal underwear. The problem is there is no place for the moisture to go when you sweat. Your thick thermals will wick moisture much better. I tried wearing long underwear under my insulation layer and I was freezing compared to diving without them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom