men's swimsuits for wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey:
But seriously now...Does anyone make jammers-type shorts for women? The smallest men's shorts are still too big for me and I'd like to wear this type diving instead of a regular swimsuit. Don't mean to hijack. But I'm going to anyway :)
Perhaps the "boy shorts" style (as my wife calls'em, perhaps there's a real name) of swimsuit?

Women in a bikini bottom are not as offensive as men in a bikini bottom. (Or speedo, whatever you choose to call it)

CompuDude:
Perhaps the "boy shorts" style (as my wife calls'em, perhaps there's a real name) of swimsuit?

Women in a bikini bottom are not as offensive as men in a bikini bottom. (Or speedo, whatever you choose to call it)

They are called boy shorts you are right. I am looking for a jammers type of shorts though. I have regular swimsuits I can wear, but I like the idea of having a more comfy bottom that doesn't cause ride ups and is more modest. I'm sure my hubby would prefer that I stick with bikini bottoms or a one piece but I want comfort :D. Plus with jammers I don't have to worry about wearing a coverup when I go inside to eat.

I just wanted to thank everyone that has replied so far, it has given me lots of good information

I dunno, for me if it's not for a fashion show or the beach, *** difference does it make? But then again, I've never shaved my chest or genitals yet I hear that's what you younger guys are into. Heh-heh, whatever. The issue is what's most comfortable "under" a wetsuit and what dries out quickest. I find it amusing to watch guys struggle into suits wearing huge baggy boxer suits. Reminds me of the old films of dudes wearing suspenders and long stripped pants at the beach.

But I do find it interesting when some guys get all worked up about what other guys are wearing under their wetsuits.

Latent?

Oregon Duck:
I dunno, for me if it's not for a fashion show or the beach, *** difference does it make? But then again, I've never shaved my chest or genitals yet I hear that's what you younger guys are into. Heh-heh, whatever. The issue is what's most comfortable "under" a wetsuit and what dries out quickest. I find it amusing to watch guys struggle into suits wearing huge baggy boxer suits. Reminds me of the old films of dudes wearing suspenders and long stripped pants at the beach.

But I do find it interesting when some guys get all worked up about what other guys are wearing under their wetsuits.

Latent?
Not worked up. Just don't want to recoil in horror when we find out forcibly. :shakehead

Jammers.

Did I mention Jammers?

To everyone that has had a chance to weigh in on this topic...... check out the movie "Blue Crush" The movie is garbage, poor script, worse acting but great shots of North Shore and Makaha..... one of the characters debuts his swimwear on the beach at Waikiki....

I believe the term he uses is "Da dun da duhhs!"

Gotta love em.

Aloha,

G

scubamickey:
Thanks for that link to international jock. I'm not in the market for any men's swimwear--but it's a very, very nice website :wink:.

Glad I could be of service. I was looking for swimming supporters, which have largely gone by the wayside, through google when I found the site. They seem to have the best selection of square legs around. you also asked about jammers for women. Check out some of the triathlon website. Speedo also makes them under their Fastskin line, if memory serves.

The rest of this is just a general statement directed to no one in particular.

I am quite surprised at some of the reaction to a simple question about where to buy square legs for under a wetsuit. And the idea that a swimsuit belongs to the past century rather than this century is somewhat ridiculous. Underarmor works well, but it is unlined which presents a whole different set of concerns. Being a gentleman, I will leave it at that.

I am in the pool about 6 days a week between masters swimming and teaching and fin swimming. It seems that different swimwear is more appropriate for some occassions rather than others, but it really is a matter of personal choice. Mine and no one elses. I dont want to swim a 4000 yard workout over and hour in a half in board shorts and I certainly don't someone setting the pace in front of me wearing them either. It is like swimming with a parachute around your feet. On the beach, I wear boardshorts of varying lengths depending on the activity. By the way, the best boardshorts are still made in the USA by Beach Britches, just like they have been for nearly half a century.

My swimwear has no teleology and does not make a lifestyle statement, it is a matter of utility, plain and simple. Please don't project anything more than that into what is a personal choice in clothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom