men's swimsuits for wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for good brands/online sources for men's swimwear to be worn under wetsuits. At one time Solar made a nice brief style mens lycra swimsuit that was a cross between tratidional swim trunks and the skimpy speedos. Has anyone seen anything similar lately? if not what works for you that does not bunch up too much?

Isaac-1:
if not what works for you that does not bunch up too much?
I don't usually wear anything under a wetsuit. That seems to keep bunching problems to a minimum... especially in cold water.

Lycra bycycle shorts (unpadded) work great.

Dave

Look for some Aeroskins. They are made out of polypropoline and wick dry very quickly after a dive.

Isaac-1:
I am looking for suggestions for good brands/online sources for men's swimwear to be worn under wetsuits. At one time Solar made a nice brief style mens lycra swimsuit that was a cross between tratidional swim trunks and the skimpy speedos. Has anyone seen anything similar lately? if not what works for you that does not bunch up too much?

I think what you are talking about is a square leg. It is cut more modestly than a competition speedo but is not as long as the jammer.

Check the closeouts page at Speedo.com or their regular listing for men.

Or if you type "speedo squareleg" into a search engine you will get all kinds of hits. Someone usually has them on discount.

For a larger variety see www.internationaljock.com

For custom colors made see http://www.splashinternational.biz/mensswimwear.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom