Memorial Weekend Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottyK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If anyone is interested, myself, Jen, Grunzster and GeronimoDF are going to be getting together for a dive or two out on the Island this holiday weekend. I've posted the North Shore tides for all three days below, and we'll be watching the weather for a good day. Let me know if anyone else is interested, and if you have a date or time preference......

Scott

High tides-

Sat 5/29- 6:53AM and 7:25PM

Sun 5/30- 7:47AM and 8:11PM

Mon 5/31- 8:39AM and 8:57PM

Hey guys sorry it does not look like I will be able to join you since I will be going to RI to visit family. If you end up doing a night dive on Monday there is a remote possibility I could make it. If you do just let me know and I will call you on Monday to let you know one way or the other if I can make it.

Hey Ben- Have fun in RI. Drop me a line when you get back about the night dive. I'm on vacation all week and probably will be up for it.

Scott

Sunday looks like it may be better for me. Still haven't got my regs back plus Saturday is a little early.

On the other hand I could do like last time take little nap Friday night cruise out for the dive and crash most of Saturday afternoon when I get back.

Could possibly borrow dad's regs too.

So anyone else? Which day?

Thanks I'll take you up on that if for some reason mine aren't ready or I can't get my hand on dad's.

Which day(s) were you thinking of doing?

Hey,
I am good to go for any day you want to dive. I am looking foward to meeting you guys finally. Just so you know, my spare rig is a apeks TX100, Mares 2D pressure gauge. I use it for when I am teaching. If you ever need anything, I usually carry spares with me.
What day are you planning on going?

Danny

Hey Guys,

I was planning on diving dutch springs on Saturday. Are you guys diving LI on Sat? Maybe I'd come by. How far out on the island are you going?

Hey Guys- I think Sunday is going to be the day. The water might still be a little unsettled on Saturday, and the Sat. tide is really early.

ClassAction- You are welcome to join us, and this way you can dive Saturday "and" Sunday :eyebrow:
Grunszter can probably help you figure out what time you'd need to leave to make it out there. We'd want to be at the dive site by 6:30 and in the water by 7:15AM.

For those who are definitely in, we usually meet early enough to go to a diner right off of the LIE for breakfast first. Let me know who wants to do this, and who doesn't. I'll give everyone a time and place to meet based on your answers. Let me know.

Scott

Sunday doesn't work too well for me (have a bbq to go to). Maybe next time. Enjoy! Let me know if any of you want to meet up at DS on Saturday. Still looking for buddies... Might even consider diving monday (either at DS or even a shore dive)... Anyone interested?

Mike

Back
Top Bottom