Memorial Day Weekend at Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh crap! I completely forgot about that stupid softball tournament that weekend. Uggghhh.
The last time we went over during that we had problems even parking at Blue Hole as so many softball people were parking there and walking over to the park. You couldn't even move at Blue Hole! People were coming over to watch the divers and did nothing but get in everyone's way. It was a huge MESS. Hotels and restaurants were packed, too. uggghhh.
This isn't looking good.:shakehead:

robin

Anyone having any luck finding a hotel room for this weekend?

Anyone having any luck finding a hotel room for this weekend?
Sidestep.com says that Motel 6 is available @ $50 for single, Hampton or La Quinta for $100. :11: Sidestep also checked...

Expedia: same hotels, higher rates;
Hotwire: nothing - wonder why?
Priceline: nana
Travelocity: claims to have 10 hotels available; I wonder if the hotels know?​

You could even commute from Tucumcari 59 miles away with many hotels available or Fort Sumner 47 miles way with less traffic, but Super 8 is the only hotel I've noticed there.

we have reservations, apparently no problem. The dive shop called and confirmed last week. :D
At Travellodge? Their site nothing at their 4 properties now.

oh crap! I completely forgot about that stupid softball tournament that weekend. Uggghhh.
The last time we went over during that we had problems even parking at Blue Hole as so many softball people were parking there and walking over to the park. You couldn't even move at Blue Hole! People were coming over to watch the divers and did nothing but get in everyone's way. It was a huge MESS. Hotels and restaurants were packed, too. uggghhh.
This isn't looking good.:shakehead:

robin

I forgot about that too....... :shakehead::confused:

Since Santa Rosa moved the ballpark further South, it "might" not be as big an issue. I'm crossing my fingers.

Robin, I have yet to met you and Ron. Where are you guys usually hanging out?

[c]
fzagcn.jpg

[/c]

Sidestep.com says that Motel 6 is available @ $50 for single, Hampton or La Quinta for $100. :11: Sidestep also checked...

Expedia: same hotels, higher rates;
Hotwire: nothing - wonder why?
Priceline: nana
Travelocity: claims to have 10 hotels available; I wonder if the hotels know?​

You could even commute from Tucumcari 59 miles away with many hotels available or Fort Sumner 47 miles way with less traffic, but Super 8 is the only hotel I've noticed there.

Thanks for the info. I had checked a couple places and they were full up.

Sidestep.com/Kayak.com is usually the best over search site, I think, and you can opt to have that site check the others I listed - expect the others were all wrong. :(

If you check the actual hotel sites at the moment, you'll find that Motel 6 is indeed available @ $50 for single, Hampton or La Quinta for $100/105 and you actually check there are AAA/AARP discounts: LaQuinta gets down to $87. :cool: If you're not a AAA/AARP member, you should be; nope, AARP does not have a minimum age requirement - been a member since I was 40. :D

It's official, I'm going to be there Sunday morning. Who all is planning on being there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom