Memorial day Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gibbon

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just throwing this out there.
I'm heading to the Keys (Key largo) with my LDS for Memorial day weekend.
Saturday we only have a couple morning dives scedualled (sp?), and then nothing till Sunday afternoon.
I was wondering if anyone was in the area, and wanted to get a couple dives in Saturday afternoon?

I wanna go!!!!!!!!! :crying: I think I'm working

What operation are you diving with down there? You'd have to pay more for additional dives, but I would recommend 'Its a Dive' at the Marriott Key Largo resort. You can buy a single trip, a three trip pass or a five trip pass. The neet thing about the passes is that they never expire. You buy a three trip pass, dive once, keep the punch card and dive with them next year. Not a problem.

Another good operation is Ocean Divers located kind of behind the Holiday Inn. They are a tad difficult to find, but worth it. Fast boat, good crews.

Both operations offer trips to the 'Grove' but after a morning Saturday dive, you probably don't want to do a 'Grove' dive in the afternoon.

I'm with Baitedstorm - I wanna go too, and would have too - had someone not 'wimped out' on me! Sigh...

Yo Vicki - need another DM? I may be available!

Me

Too bad y'all can't go.

I was also thinking about getting a couple afternoon dives in on Friday.
I think I can get there by 1:00.

We're planning double dips on the Spiegel Grove next Friday morning (5/27) and Sunday morning (5/29), and Bibb and Duane dives on Saturday morning (5/28) and Monday morning (5/30). We're also planning night dives on Saturday and Sunday. Afternoon trips will be shallow (extended safety stops) on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Join us if you can. All trips are limited to ten divers max!

Unfortunatly, My lds has a schedule. I'm just trying to get in more then they have.
Scedule is:
Saturday morning (5/28) Two tank dives on reefs.
Sunday afternoon (5/29)Two tank dives (probably on reefs)
Sunday night dive
Monday morning (5/30) Two wreck dives (one on the grove)

7 dives. not bad. I want more :D
I can get a couple more in Saturday afternoon, and/or maybe Sunday morning.
Might be able to do a couple Friday afternoon if I can get there early enough.

Staying at Kelly's on the Bay. I'm not sure which dive op, but I know they moor there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom