memomouse data com error solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,
I wanted to share with you my frustration with my Memomouse and Uwatec Aladin PRO Nitrox.
I have been having problems transfering data from Aladin to notebook lately:
- the Memomouse was communicating with Aladin, only when NOT connected to notebook
- there was time when it was not working on my regular notebook, but it did on an another one that have only OS installed
- OS is W2K
- the error on both notebooks was now that while in 60s waiting mode, and when I enter the logbook mode, the slides moves to 100% in 1 second, the red LED flashes and there is an error message

Here is what I did finally and now it is working:
- downloaded Datatrak 3.05 (not necessarily helped, but anyway)
- set the COM1 port to 9600, 8,n,1 with HW flow control
- the problem was in ActiveSync of my iPaq: I went to Task Manager end ended both processes that start with WinCExxxx

As soon as I did it, it was working and was finally able to download those first 80msw trimix dives from the course :D

For those that use PalmPilot (as I did until several months ago), just exit the Hotsync when you want to transfer data

I hope this will help some others and will save you some troubleshooting time....

If you have any more question and you think I can help, just let me know.

dive safe,
sasha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom