Membership Refund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, what's the point in leaving if you don't slam the door?
It would be a shame if no one noticed your absence at all after you left. :shakehead:

Which is why after so many of these noisy departures the poster hangs around reading their own "I'm mad and I'm leaving" threads, to see if anyone has even noticed their departure or absence.

Ah, yes, Windows 8 is still pre-release at this time. Yes, they have announced and released Rtm version 9200, but you cannot go buy it in the store, so it is still technically pre-release for the general public. While it should work like other Windows, it's still technically a different version. I'd say it is unreasonable to expect SB support to go build a system to test it. Drivers are still a major hassle and make a big diff in perf and functionality and any problems would be difficult to accurately source. Besides wasting their time debugging what could be Windoze problem. Without knowing the problem, you can try using both metro and desktop versions of IE, and can certainly install Chrome, etc. Desktop would have the best likelihood of working. Incidentally, I'm typing this message in metro IE on a tablet (formerly Win 7) running Win 8 RTM build 9200. The only problem has been replying which sends me to the quick reply box and doesn't take "Enter" using the pop-up keyboard. Likely works with a plugin keyboard. Not a big problem for me as now I can type in run-on paragraphs... Good luck in your quest.

I tried Windows 8, then back I went to 7. Windows 8 is a pain and sloppy. Maybe ok on a touch screen computer or tab. Now I ditched windows totally and use Apple. Didn't realize what I was missing.

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments. I try my best to accommodate requests for support, but I do this in the time I have available, and the resources I have available. I am not an IT professional, I am just a diver, sales and marketing guy for SB, and the guy with all of the keys to SB.

Once again, thanks for the kind support.

There's so many comments in this thread that I won't bother to address them all. I never said I'm leaving, I just said I'm not giving my financial support anymore.

Some have asked why this wasn't private. Well, the FAQ doesn't describe the process so I entered a support request. Howard could have made the thread private but it's obvious he wanted to leave it open to get you all to piss on me. There are some pretty ****ty comments in this thread ( clearly violating the TOS ) but hey, as he said "he holds all the keys" and it fits his agenda so therefore moderation is overlooked.

Must make him feel real big and proud of himself. That's fine, I know the truth. Anyone who's ever posted in this forum looking for help and getting blown off with attitude knows the truth also.

Finally, for the record, I did resolve my issue... myself with a little help from another member. It was a simple work-around. One that he didn't want to even try to suggest since it's easier for him to make comments like Internet Explorer sucks and I don't support that.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. He could have closed this thread a long time ago but frankly he doesn't have the professionalism to do so.

He could have closed this thread a long time ago but frankly he doesn't have the professionalism to do so.

That would be censorship, and we don't do that :wink:

Doesn't the original poster have to request that the post be closed? This sounds like politics...I'll stonewall and then blame the other side for not getting anything done.

Serious thought...

What if sb were to have someone me IT savy folks as "moderators"] for the Site support section of sb? Also sb could add what softwares and OS it has the ability to troubleshoot... A thought from Chris saying he got help from a fellow sb 'er...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Serious thought...

What if sb were to have someone me IT savy folks as "moderators"] for the Site support section of sb? Also sb could add what softwares and OS it has the ability to troubleshoot... A thought from Chris saying he got help from a fellow sb 'er...

Imagine the mess the board would be in if you had a dozen people in the code modifying it. You are better to limit access and appeal to the masses. People will never be happy. It is in their nature to be miserable :D. So you try to make the majority happy and accept that some will fall off the sides.

Also, that poster could have posted the solution in this thread. There is no need to create moderators with keys to the car when this is an open forum for all to discuss ideas. People may or may not like Howard or some other member of SB, but they still have the right to post solutions or ideas.

I am sure Chris could provide better tech support, with his computer background. I honestly think that one of the things that makes this board great is most people's ability to jump in and try to help other divers solve issue. The problem doesn't have to be diving related, hell that's why we have several non diving forums.

Anyway, I guess the way to do this would be to start a thread in Site support, I am to lazy to do that while mobile. If anyone else thinks the idea is worth anything maybe they could start the thread.

~John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom