Membership Refund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I decided to cancel my SB sponsorship today due to poor customer /technical service. Therefore, per the FAQ I went into PayPal and cancelled the subscription. The FAQ also mentions that "we are able to issue prorated refunds by month for annual users who decide they no longer want to be upgraded." What is the process to request that? The FAQ doesn't mention it.

Your are the first person in 12 years to ask for money back. You've been refunded.

Your request for support on a pre-release of Windows is unreasonable, and unavailable. I have already posted that when vBulletin has a fix, then it will be fixed. Sorry you don't like the answer. I suggest you take it up with the developer of the software or you use another browser that is supported by vBulletin.

No, I am not an MCSE or whatever, so no I can't download any of this for free... I am just the guy who maintains this site, and spends way too much time on it for little to no pay to be belittled or harassed by someone like you with a crappy "I want service" attitude.

As I have stated in the past. vBulletin will not address browser specific issues with their software, and therefore, neither can/will I.

If you feel this is poor customer service, then sorry, but there is no higher appeal on this topic.

Oh... and have a nice day.

I know... the customer is always wrong. Kind of like at the DMV. Windows 8 is not "pre-release" and I provided you a link to a free and available eval version. I have seen on numerous occasions your customer service attitude. In fact, it shows right now.

Since you are so smug in your power to insult your users and that there is no higher authority to complain to, then I vote with my wallet. If that offends you, well you earned it. I choose to no longer provide my ongoing financial support.

Thanks for reminding me, I just sent in my annual support, I was slacking.

I continue to find SB a valuable resource (even if you have a couple of left wing nuts in the pub).

Keep up the good work and THANKS to all the moderators and other volunteers who make this what it is.

Last edited:
Is this for real? Windows software is some of the worst crap out there. That'll show those SBer's. Gimme a break!! Boycotting based on your reasoning is ????......... Well I just don't know. Howard has always tried his best. I am curious to see if you still post. This however is just my opinion and in no way reflects my views in the Vatican or the current presidential elections however it goes. I did however stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I know... the customer is always wrong.

The customer is not always wrong... but neither are they always RIGHT. The most important thing any business can do is understand that some customers just aren't worth the trouble. [/QUOTE]

Since you are so smug in your power to insult your users and that there is no higher authority to complain to, then I vote with my wallet. If that offends you, well you earned it. I choose to no longer provide my ongoing financial support.

Funny, I had let my annual support lapse when my PayPal account changed. Thinking now I might re-up, if only to reward SB for realizing the point I expressed above. Thanks for highlighting this.

:d

Asking someone to download an eval copy of an OS in an attempt to solve a problem that will be solved as soon as the OS is actually released is beyond unreasonable. Since you have access to Windows 8 and want the problem solved ASAP, why not fix it and provide the solution to SB.

again, someone forgot their [chestpound] [\chestpound] brackets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom