• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Members Testing Anti-fog?

Discussion in 'Research and Development' started by themenz, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Scuba_Jenny

Scuba_Jenny dirty-finned dive goddess ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hmmm.. still waiting on my samples, should be here soon!

2. Tom Winters

Tom Winters Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I used mine up already... Good stuff but you have a towelette and wrapper to dispose of after use.

3. bcsean

bcsean Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    got my samples a couple days ago. This weekend was a write off. Hoping for no storms this coming weekend.

4. themenz

themenz Angel Fish

Tom, FogTech also comes in a bottle that is more cost effective and reduces waste too. Holds 30 ml and good for about 40 applications. The bottle is packaged inside a heavy duty ziplock baggie with two soft cotton applicators that are vinyl backed to conserve the solution. The soft cotton is very easy on the lens.

The packet is used for convenience and where an absolutely clean towelette is required each time. Soldier eyewear is an example. It is critical that the protective goggles they wear be fog-free and not suffer scratches.

5. kent_1848

kent_1848 Manta Ray

So, all you testers, what did you think of the stuff?

6. scubamate

scubamate Instructor, Scuba

I used mine a few weeks ago in Coz. Stuff worked great. You need to let me know a cost so I can sell it to my student.

7. themenz

themenz Angel Fish

Bill send me an email and I can send you our dealer pricing for FogTech along with minimums.

gene@motosolutions.com

Bottles retail for $16 and a 5 pack of the packets is $5.

8. DrSteve

DrSteve Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    If you are still looking for testers I will be doing some cold water (mid Atlantic) stuff this month followed by Bonaire. Send me a PM if you need an extra.

9. WJL

WJL DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    It worked great with two of my older masks. One mask in particular had never been fog-free no matter what I had tried, but was completely clear using this stuff.

Last weekend I tried it on a brand-new mask that I had not cleaned very carefully beforehand, and the results were not very good. I'm going to give that new mask a thorough cleaning and try the fogtech again.

10. Scuba_Jenny

Scuba_Jenny dirty-finned dive goddess ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Used it last weekend. Put it on one lens. Worked great. Used the same wipe the next morning and reapplied to the same lens. Still worked great. Good stuff.