Members Testing Anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themenz

Registered
Reaction score
Full disclosure: We make an anti-fog called FogTech.

I know there are a lot of anti-fogs for diving out there. Some work, some don't and some don't work for long. There are also a lot of home brews such as toothpaste, baby shampoo, spit, shark snot (kidding).

Our product has not been promoted for diving as I thought it might not last long enough. FogTech is used for Paintball, Motorcycling, Biking, Hunting, and on industrial safety goggles. But recently a couple of divers have used FogTech with great success. They have also taken the time to email me and post their endorsements on the web. Like the Bay Area Bottom Timers http://bayareabt.org/dive_links.htm So now I think that FogTech could be good for fogging on dive masks too.

Before I promote this product for diving I would like to get 50 plus divers to try free samples in real world conditions and send me their results via email questionnaire. By doing that I can feel comfortable that it works under a variety of conditions, masks and divers. I can also report on limitations.

Please see messages below for directions on how to apply.

Yes you may use this forum to ask for testers, however since it's a commercial venture, it needs to be in the MarketPlace area, where it has been moved.

I usually just use bear spit, but I would be willing to test your product. After my PSD ice dive training last week, I can definitely see a use for it in the full face AGA masks we use. They fog up instantly going from 33F water to air.

Let me know what to do next.

Sounds fun. The bottom temps here average upper 30's to lower 40's in the summer and everything will be around 35 when the ice comes off so good defog is a requirement.

I need about 50 testers for a vaild sample..more if I can get them. So please tell your diving friends. This opportunity will end on March 31.

I will send you free FogTech samples and in return I would appreciate answers to a short email questionnaire. Send your sample request via email with your name and shipping address IN THIS FORMAT please:

Gene Menzies
966 Coral Drive
Rodeo, CA 94572

to gene@motosolutions.com

(Sorry to be so picky but reformatting addresses to go on envelopes is a pain. So please follow the above with just one comma, two letter abbreviation for your state and on three lines.)

Yes, if you live outside the US, we will send samples. Use similar formatting. Sorry, I will not send samples to addresses posted in PMs (Private Messages) for obvious reasons. And no, you can't get more samples for your friends, so no multiple requests on one email even if they promise to respond. Have them send me an individual email directly.

When I receive your request, I will send you an acknowledgement back within 2 business days. If you don't get the acknowledgement, I probably lost your request. Hey I'm human! So email me again. A couple of days later, your two free packets of FogTech will be in the mail.

Please allow about 5 to 10 days after your request to get the samples. I am going to suggest that you put FogTech on one side of your mask and you normal anti-fog method on the other side, perhaps leaving a clear strip or spot in the middle.

About 4 to 6 weeks later, I will be sending you a short email questionnaire about your diving experiences with FogTech.

These will be questions about:

The weather (air temp, humidity)
The water temperature
Whether you normally fog your mask or not
The type of mask
Age of mask
The depth
The length of dive
The clarity of FogTech
How long FogTech lasted
What happened if FogTech stopped working
How it compares to other anti-fog methods you have used
If the inside of your mask got wet
Did FogTech last multiple dives?

Thank you for your participation. If you want to learn more about FogTech, see my website www.fogtech.com

DA Aquamaster:
Sounds fun. The bottom temps here average upper 30's to lower 40's in the summer and everything will be around 35 when the ice comes off so good defog is a requirement.

I'm game to try it. I'll give it to my dive buddies also.

We dive mostly cold water (like DAA above).

Let me know how to get some, and what types of reports you want back.

edit: oops, posted at the same time as your above.

Any chance of extending the testing? Especially since there are only a couple weeks left?

Scuba_Jenny:
Any chance of extending the testing? Especially since there are only a couple weeks left?
Is that in reference to the end of the no-fog testing period or the End Of The World As We Know It?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom