Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a few more from NYC:

Panoramic view from the Staten Island Ferry showing, from left to right, the Statue of Liberty, Jersey City, Hudson River, Manhattan, Ellis Island (obscuring the East River) and Brooklyn.
2009-05-22_12-24-11_pano.jpg

HDR rendition of the GE Building in the Rockefeller Center.
2009-05-22_17-02-46_HDR2.jpg

Manhattan island as seen from the Top of the Rock.
2009-05-22_17-28-12_HDR2BW.jpg

Panoramic view south from the Top of the Rock showing middle and lower Manhattan, bordered by the East River and Hudson River.
2009-05-22_17-42-36_pano.jpg

I liked the effect I could get off the black car parked in front of the Ed Sullivan Theater but, in retrospect, I should have used a slower shutter allowing the people to blur themselves out of the image. Unfortunately I had no tripod so I tried to stay away from too long shutter speeds.
2009-05-22_22-29-18.jpg

On a recent trip to Arizona, Nevada and Utah there was one place I wanted to get a photograph, Mesa Arch at dawn.

So up we get up at 2am (after driving most of the day before), shower, dress then over to Dennys for some breakfast. Then a 30 mile drive to the car park (now 4am) only to find I could not start the 1/2 mile trek to the arch as I had no flash light and could not see anything let alone the trail. Eight other photographers arrive about 4:20 with lights So I tag along behind them, next is a 15 minute stumble around over rough ground in and out of gullies carrying a 22lb back pack and a camera tripod. At last we arrive at the arch (still pitch black) and everyone picks out there spot and start to set up there equipment, next we wait for the sun to come up and the cold sets in. Meanwhile more and more photographers arrive in the end there are at least 30 photographers trying to get into a 30 foot wide area,but its worked out in time for sunrise. Then its pack up and hike the 1/2 mile back to the car, but it was worth it.

Attachments

• Mesa-Arch-dawn-light-1.jpg
    Mesa-Arch-dawn-light-1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Mesa-Arch-Dawn-2-R.jpg
    Mesa-Arch-Dawn-2-R.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Mesa-Arch-Crop.jpg
    Mesa-Arch-Crop.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 53
On a recent trip to Arizona, Nevada and Utah there was one place I wanted to get a photograph, Mesa Arch at dawn.

So up we get up at 2am (after driving most of the day before), shower, dress then over to Dennys for some breakfast. Then a 30 mile drive to the car park (now 4am) only to find I could not start the 1/2 mile trek to the arch as I had no flash light and could not see anything let alone the trail. Eight other photographers arrive about 4:20 with lights So I tag along behind them, next is a 15 minute stumble around over rough ground in and out of gullies carrying a 22lb back pack and a camera tripod. At last we arrive at the arch (still pitch black) and everyone picks out there spot and start to set up there equipment, next we wait for the sun to come up and the cold sets in. Meanwhile more and more photographers arrive in the end there are at least 30 photographers trying to get into a 30 foot wide area,but its worked out in time for sunrise. Then its pack up and hike the 1/2 mile back to the car, but it was worth it.

sure was worth it. breathtaking photos you've got here.

sure was worth it. breathtaking photos you've got here.

I will take that as a very big complement coming from you, you have some astounding photos on the board.

Personally I don't think the photo doe's it justice, on the other side of the arch it drops about 1000 feet straight down, but I don't have that depth feel in the photo.

In the first pic is a 15 foot yellow truck to give some idea of size.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Bute.jpg
    Bute.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Balancing-Rock.gif
    Balancing-Rock.gif
    184.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Gopher-Snake.jpg
    Gopher-Snake.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Gopher-Snake-Croped.jpg
    Gopher-Snake-Croped.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 46

Good ones, cdiver2. I was just there this past April and I can relate.

Good ones, cdiver2. I was just there this past April and I can relate.

I am not the only one that's crazy :D . Did you do other parks or just Canyon Lands, is the photo in your avatar from that area?, any other photos?

We did Bryce (temp 35 degrees when we arrived), Arches, Canyon Land, Natural Bridges and Monument Vally (temp 99 Degrees).

I am not the only one that's crazy :D . Did you do other parks or just Canyon Lands, is the photo in your avatar from that area?, any other photos?

We did Bryce (temp 35 degrees when we arrived), Arches, Canyon Land, Natural Bridges and Monument Vally (temp 99 Degrees).
I did Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, and stopped by Grand Canyon.

Nice shots.
That balancing rock is very interesting. How does it continue to stay up?

But I don't want to be around when it falls, we were told it weighs thousands of tons.

Actualy there are lots of rock formations like that in the areas mentioned, some look more precarious than that one, I will be posting more pics soon, this one is my first attempt at a panorama, 4 photos to make it.

Attachments

• On-the-road-Panorama1.gif
    On-the-road-Panorama1.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 51

Back
Top Bottom