Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wide Angle

Here are a few.

Abigale-59.jpg

HeatherMillerwws.jpg

here are a few pics i took last month (oct '08 in bonaire) with a sea & sea dx-1g and inon d-2000. my first trip with this camera. all photos taken in the automatic underwater scene mode:
M0010769.jpg

M0010839.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/kenbelt/M0011205.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/kenbelt/M0011401.jpg

M0011554.jpg

M0011607.jpg

M0011784.jpg

M0011902.jpg

any comments (+/-) would be greatly appreciated.
ken

The only comment I can really offer up front BOHICA is the photos have obviously been cropped so that for me is a bad thing when noticeable. In my opinion (as someone who is not really experienced enough to offer photography advice), you are better to maintain the full shot when possible but if you need to or really want to crop....do it so it is not noticeable.

Just what jumped out at me. You definitely got some great subject shots though so thanks for posting.

The only comment I can really offer up front BOHICA is the photos have obviously been cropped so that for me is a bad thing when noticeable. In my opinion (as someone who is not really experienced enough to offer photography advice), you are better to maintain the full shot when possible but if you need to or really want to crop....do it so it is not noticeable.

Just what jumped out at me. You definitely got some great subject shots though so thanks for posting.

Just curious as to why you think that cropping a photo is a bad thing? If you were using print film and processed the images yourself, you would most likely crop almost all of your pics that you planned on keeping....

Just curious as to why you think that cropping a photo is a bad thing? If you were using print film and processed the images yourself, you would most likely crop almost all of your pics that you planned on keeping....

My comment applied only to the pictures like this one when they were obviously cropped because they are wide and short and not proportional in any way. Unless there is some dramatic effect that is being achieved by cropping, I believe cropping it using the rule of 1/3's looks better.

This is just my opinion though. I am far FAR from a professional.

M0011607.jpg

Not a professional, nor ever will I be one.

At the advice of a certain person on this board who is, I avoid cropping as well (at least since I took this certain someone's course). A decent lens, some idea of composition and patience is almost all you need to produce something that makes you happy.

Here's a couple that are uncropped, and no subject is never more than 2cm long : -

_MG_2745.jpg

_MG_2715.jpg

_MG_2911.jpg

_MG_2322.jpg

That said, I like the idea of showing an animal in its habitat. Your mileage etc. etc.

Oh, and Jonix?

Here's my only attempt at lightning photography, from the deck of Out of the Blue Villas, whilst steaming drunk.

It's not very good :sad:

IMG_3594.jpg

Larry, that is an incredible lightning shot. Maybe I will start drinking more :D

Oh, and Jonix?

Here's my only attempt at lightning photography, from the deck of Out of the Blue Villas, whilst steaming drunk.

It's not very good :sad:

IMG_3594.jpg

terrific set larry. i was drinking as well when i took my lightning series. but that's another story :D

so here's a beer for you my friend. courtesy of zee :mooner:

2987209083_847ae5187c_o.jpg

Hi all.
In a little rush, so not able to go through all the pics posted since I last came on, but I just came back from a trip to the US & manage a few shots.
Here is one. Will post a few more later.

WashintonDCtour_20081017_0011.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom