Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll work on that - they keep landing on the lanai wall which are white. I did get that one on one of my gardenias but the flower is all washed out:
dragonNgardenia.jpg

You might try putting a Cookie sheet ( I think that is the American term) out with water in and a rock. They like water and land on rocks/growth in and around water, it might work, if it doe's then you would have your own mini studio that you could move about and control the lighting. Good luck

Here's a few shots taken with my new camera. I made my second dive with it yesterday. One more week and I'll be in the Philippines diving at Anilao :)

Attachments

• Hayama Chris Junji Yamamoto.jpg
    Hayama Chris Junji Yamamoto.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Hayama 24 May 2008 Fish Medium Web view.jpg
    Hayama 24 May 2008 Fish Medium Web view.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 38
  • Hayama 24 May 2008 Banded Boxer Shrimp Medium Web view.jpg
    Hayama 24 May 2008 Banded Boxer Shrimp Medium Web view.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Hayama 24 May 2008 Moray Eel Medium Web view.jpg
    Hayama 24 May 2008 Moray Eel Medium Web view.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 41
Enjoying my trip to Australia. I think I may have taken too much photos.

Kata-Tjuta....

2511799619_7ca9d604eb.jpg

what is you camera make?

Just got back from NYC, the last time I was there we still had the WTC.

2520628516_83453c51cb.jpg

2520626768_19c18ca487.jpg

And look who I ran into roaming the streets of NYC!
2519793057_faa2f5a0df.jpg

great shot down at eye level. How did you take it and what lens?.

Thanks! The alligator was taken from a bateau (john boat for you Northerners) that was adrift. The lens was a Sigma 70-300 at about medium zoom. The camera (D80) was mounted on a tripod with a Slik ball head. The tripod on the moving boat doesn't seem to make much sense, but you can pan smoothly with the ball head and it is a cure for hand tremble when aiming a telephoto lens. I was kneeling on the bottom of the boat and the lens was just clearing the gunwale. -Clay

Thanks! The alligator was taken from a bateau (john boat for you Northerners) that was adrift. The lens was a Sigma 70-300 at about medium zoom. The camera (D80) was mounted on a tripod with a Slik ball head. The tripod on the moving boat doesn't seem to make much sense, but you can pan smoothly with the ball head and it is a cure for hand tremble when aiming a telephoto lens.
I was kneeling on the bottom of the boat and the lens was just clearing the gunwale.
-Clay

That explains the eye level shot. I have the the Canon 100-400 with IS but I have it on the tripod 99% of the time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom