Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, Hello!

Cave Diver mentioned I should introduce myself so here I am.

I'm a 33 year old Brit. I've been a Dive Instructor for nearly 6 years and tech-diving for 4.
I'm a travelling instructor so I've managed to get Tech dives in in Malaysia, Thailand, Malta, Egypt and Honduras. Yes I'm a bit of stranger to dry-suit, I do have one, I'm sure it still works.
I've mainly trained through IANTD; I'm also an IANTD instructor. I have full Trimix with IANTD. I have ventured into TDI courses but was left with a bad taste in my mouth, more to do with the instructor I feel. Nowadays I try to find good IANTD instructors only. I like the style of diving they promote. The 'show me why you have this' method is far more to my liking than other agencys. To whit I dive with my Long-hose on the left, I've tried right and can't get comfortable with it. Yet I don't feel that I have my rig perfect yet, there's still a lot of work to be done and money to spent before I'll be trully happy with it. At the moment it works.
What else? I rarely use anything other than DecoPlanner for my diving. I like the way you can 'mess' with the stop depths for gas mixes, something that V-planner is lacking.
I'm sure there's more but this is it for the moment.
Stew

Last edited:
Years tec diving: 9
No of deco dives: Most of my current dives involve deco... 400 - 500ish
Tec instructor? Cavern Instructor
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? Yes, KISS
Caves? for 9 years, yes.
Other comments: I sidemount exclusively and sometimes I throw the rebreather on my back while sidemounting. Every once in awhile I will sling a single tank and go do a monkey dive in the keys, but not that often... You'll find me in the caves 95% of the time that I am underwater. I like caves with no gold line and more so if there is no line at all... Then again, don't we all? :wink:

Years tec diving: 3yrs- 3yrs Adv. Nitrox & Deco & 2 yrs cave (including intro & full cave training). Full Cave Certified in Oct. 2010
No of deco dives: 20-30-ish
Tec instructor? no, Maybe sometime way in the future- I must crawl before I walk, & walk before I run.
Trimix? Not yet, hopefully in another year or so.
Rebreathers? Probably not any time soon.
Caves? Yes!!! Newer Full Cave diver, but have 70 dives (some intro level, some full cave level) from the time I began Intro to today.
Other comments: Although new to cave & technical diving, my mind is a sponge. I am open to new ideas, but must know WHY this idea is better than that idea & must know the pros & the cons of an idea, before I would adopt it.

Years tec diving: 3
No of deco dives: around 100ish
Trimix? A few mix dives, not many
Tec instructor? No
Rebreathers? When I need one, I'll get one.
Caves? Dove one or two.
Other comments: I always want to see new cave.

Months tec diving: 6
No of deco dives: 10
Trimix? normoxic
Tec instructor? No
Caves? on the outside looking in

Years Tech diving : 27
Trimix : yes
Instructor : yes
Caves : Since 1984
Rebreathers : Since 1988
Deco dives : over 400 wet, over 500 dry (chamber)

See profile for more details

Years tec diving: 7
No of deco dives: 200-300ish
Tec instructor? Yes
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? Just starting
Caves? Wet rocks, booooring.

Caves boooring? You'll eat those words in November, sir!

Years tec diving: Five
No of deco dives: somewhere between 200 and 300
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? NAUI Trimix 1 and 2
Rebreathers? No
Caves? NSS-CDS Full Cave, with limited practical application (about 40 dives to date)

Years tech diving: Three
No of deco dives: Not sure, would have to check. I log them, but haven't counted them. More than 50, less than 500... :)
Tec instructor? Nope
Trimix? GUE Tech 1, NAUI Trimix II
Cavez? GUE Cave 2
Ice Dives: 100+
Rebreathers? Nope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom