Melbourne/Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeadiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I orginally posted this in general Scuab, however it was suggested I post it wiwht you guys. I'm going to Melbourne, Florida in Mid-February and saw in the Ned Deloach book on Florida diving that Vero Beach has a bunch of shore diving opportunities. Has anyone out there done any Vero Beach shore diving and have advice/comments/experience on the conditions in February, places to go, contacts for fills and rentals? Anything would be helpful!

Thanks,

Joe.

Cliff, at deepsix.com (cliff@deepsix.com) and ask him. Deepsix is located in Vero Beach. My first thoughts are, bad water at that time of year. Go south one more hour to Jupiter and dive there. Vero is not in the Gulf Stream and gets very silted up to zero vis. Now July to Sept. the vis is pretty good there, but until then go South young man, go south.

FT PIERCE:
1st reef line is grass about 100 yards out

2nd reef line is about a 6" to 1' ledge with small stones.

3rd reef line is in about 10 - 12' of water, top of reef is about 6 ft and is about 200 ft past 2nd reef. Rock sizesa are 3 - 8 ft long. Look at my pics on internet.

4th reef line is about 100 YARDS past the 3rd reef. Shore side is about 15 ft deep, ocean side is about 20 - 25 ft deep, bolders are the size of a VW Bus.

best is to go to 3rd and maybe head N or S.

Check out the file for the wreck off the beach.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom