Megalodon Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently more than CO2 gets removed in your machine. :confused:

One of these days I'm gonna have to come on down to South Florida and dive with the S.C.A.B.S.

Like we'd have ya...

I resemble that remark! Oh, and BTW, it's SCRUB (South Coast Rebreather Underwater Bounders), not FLUB. :shakehead:

Howard, you know this is all in jest right? We are all just jealous of what you guys have going down there. from the sounds of it, you guys live in the midst of the Rebreather diving Meca of the planet.

I personally don't think you "resemble that remark"... go easy on yourself!:)

g

Howard, you know this is all in jest right? We are all just jealous of what you guys have going down there. from the sounds of it, you guys live in the midst of the Rebreather diving Meca of the planet.

I personally don't think you "resemble that remark"... go easy on yourself!:)

g

Yes, totally understood. One thing about the SCRUB gang is that we spend at least as much time poking fun at each other's unit, joking and playing pranks on one another as we do diving. Most of the time, we give as good as we get! :)

We welcome all except for maybe mCCR divers since their sissy machines don't really count as rebreathers anyway.

We welcome all except for maybe mCCR divers since their sissy machines don't really count as rebreathers anyway.

Ouch

"The best figures of diver mortality per unit at the moment revealed that the probability of an mCCR being as dangerous or worse than an eCCR is 8300:1 (Valid until mid 2008)."
-mCCR divers may be trained better to monitor the unit.
http://www.deeplife.co.uk/or_files/Apocalypse_FAQ_081004.pdf

Crappy reference but I'm on lunch so don't have much time.

I think the next few sentences are some of the most honest things one can say about the mCCR/eCCR debate:

" 5
All we know is the statistics and the data behind those statistics.
As we are scientists and engineers, we have to make decisions based on facts, and these numbers I quote above are the best facts we have.

We are trying to reduce the risks further by good monitoring, but no-one knows the territory we are entering here with significantly more mCCR divers. We hope wider use of mCCRs starts to bring down the overall rebreather accident rate and that it makes rebreather diving more accessible: it will certainly
be a test of the mCCR philosophy. We are going to monitor this very closely. "

"
Ouch

"The best figures of diver mortality per unit at the moment revealed that the probability of an mCCR being as dangerous or worse than an eCCR is 8300:1 (Valid until mid 2008)."
-mCCR divers may be trained better to monitor the unit.
http://www.deeplife.co.uk/or_files/Apocalypse_FAQ_081004.pdf

Crappy reference but I'm on lunch so don't have much time.

LOL, nice one Howard! This reminds me of a way to self righteous quote that appears over the years to fit this context so well it has to be quoted anyway:

"All truth passes through three stages:
first, it is ridiculed; next it is violently attacked;
finally, it is held to be self-evident."

-- Schopenhauer

Wow, it is amazing how obvious jokes/digs are taken soo seriously or literally. Probably goes with the CCR diver mentality.

Wow, it is amazing how obvious jokes/digs are taken soo seriously or literally. Probably goes with the CCR diver mentality.

Absolutly, I'm sure down to every CCR diver they believe they are diving the best unit. I would hope we all take life support that seriously anyway.

Back
Top Bottom