Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, when we break the beer bong out....

Ahem...Forget I mentioned that.

The sites we took last year could have held a bunch of other people, but instead of coming into the main area, groups got nearby sites as well - we had a whole village thing going on :wink: Ken likes sites #40 and 41, you can fit a good dozen tents there without any trial and not sandwiched together like these recent new build housing estates around here!!

The only thing is we will have a couple of kids both one year...and if they cry, I don't want them to bother anyone. Even though they are not cryers.

Oh, and we will have a beer cooler on hand (smile)

Just didn't know if ya'll would find a crowd bothersome, kids, I can deal with, 'rabid otters'(you just had to be there), thats another thing...

andrea31419:
The only thing is we will have a couple of kids both one year...and if they cry, I don't want them to bother anyone. Even though they are not cryers.
In that case, get thee to site #1
andrea31419:
Oh, and we will have a beer cooler on hand (smile)
Well maybe we can take the odd baby whimper or two :wink:

There will be another recent baby or two (Bulla's 5 month old and 2 year old), plus a host of kids (6-10 year olds or so), so its not like there wont be kids.

Glad to hear more kids will be there...we also love kids...they are funny to watch, especially when the little ones interact with the older ones. Sooo, if you all don't mind, we don't (smile)

Besids just having my own little one, I'm a new grandmother, and have teenagers!

First off, there is no NEED to reserve other sites unless you absolutely WANT your own. The sites I like, and will be reserving this weekend are HUGE! I also have inherited a screen room, and another giant tent! For those of you who may be showing up late, or don't have a tent of your own, we now have a solution. I will also be recovering my smaller tarp and will have the megatarp as well. At this point, I will NOT be renting a pavillion and going through that hassle. The party will be taking place at the campsite as it did in October. As for kids... I am hoping that B will be joining us for at least one night. I always throw a roll of duct tape in his bag for those noisy nights. Anyone with kids along is welcome to borrow a roll. Also great for mummy-wrapping them to a tree for timeout. They can watch, but can't move or speak. Best used on rambunctious teenagers.
icosm14.gif
Thanks to the hurricanes, I now have three large plastic coolers, and two of them are 5-dayers! I also have a massive foam cooler that can hold more stuff than ANY of the others. I may be getting my hands on a megacooler for drinks, too. Mix up some bug-juice to have on hand all the time.
To save a hassle, look at http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com for prices on camping/diving/entry. You will not need to pay for electric unless you reserve your own site. Recommended if you are bringing an RV or Camper as these two sites will share the electric. At night, we will be having a movie party as before.
I will NOT be trying to get a discount like we did before as it seemed to be too much difficulty and hassle for both sides. We also don't have to worry about a 100 attendee maximum charge. Next week I will post a map of Ginnie, showing campsites nearby that are still available for those who want to reserve a site of their own. UNLESS YOU NEED PRIMARY ELECTRIC... you will just show up and tell them primitive camping behind sites 40, and 41. Tell them you are with the "Visions of Atlantis Scuba Center", or the "ScubaBoard" party. They KNOW who we are!
Something about the Rabid Columbian River Otters,... anyway....
It should go smooth. Show up, swim, dive, eat and have fun!
More info as it develops.

I had nothin' to do with that Ken...swear to God.

Hehehe...

andrea31419:
Glad to hear more kids will be there...we also love kids...they are funny to watch, especially when the little ones interact with the older ones. Sooo, if you all don't mind, we don't (smile)

Besids just having my own little one, I'm a new grandmother, and have teenagers!

Be there or be square! We're just a big ole family ya know! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom