Meet George Jetson!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man could we scan some wrecks with those babies.

One small, minor thought,............wouldn't want to be makin an ascent and have those babies kick in ..................woooooosh not blow safety/deco stops might even set altitude records hehehe

Butch :peace:

Nifty Idea...

Kinda pricey though. Seems like you could probably get setup on a couple a scooters for the same outlay of moolah.

I do see one immediate use....parapalegic divers who don't have use of their legs.

For that kind of money you could get a Gavin and have money left over for a second battery!

Roak

I also wonder what ol' George Irvine has to say about such things?

Those are way cool, but way overpriced. 5750 with the hard battery pack. I'm thinking for 5750 my money will be going to drager long before it goes to this place. If they made their price point in the 750-950 range they could be setting on a goldmine as many divers could afford them.

I mean lets be real these are motors from a trolling motor that costs a couple hundred dollars for top of the line and the batteries are available commercially already. I assume there are some basic controls but I doubt they are all that fancy.

But hey if they want to give me some to test, I'm their man!

TexasMike,

I think you know what GI3 thinks of these :1st:. :rolleyes:

A quick scan of techdiver archives (try jetboots as a subject query) will show that these contraptions have already been kicked around and kicked to death over there. I don't know about over here but they were not all that warmly received on techdiver. Needless to say (but I will anyway) nobody bothered to mention them on the Quest list.

:wink:
Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom