Meditation/Prayer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3 once bubbled...
Other than that, I've seen situations where avowed athiests have dropped to their knees praying. :tease:
but that's another story...:wink:

Hot lead comin at ya, among other things, tends to focus the mind mightily!:wacko:

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
Meditate? Don't think so - shut out distractions ala "compartmentalization" - yes.
Pray? Constantly.
Rick

Rick can you give us some detail on "compartmentalization"?

I used a meditation with my mask and snorkle on to work on breath control problems I was having. I still blow out a big breath and center before I put the reg in and descend. I almost always finish with more air than my buddies.

mike

I take yoga three times per week and have found that using a "yoga breath" while diving significantly lowers my oxygen consumption rate. It also keeps me very relaxed.

We were sitting on the bottom in about 20 feet playing with the fish and I had to fight the impulse to do a couple of half sun salutes.

No one else in my dive group practices yoga, so I know they'll think I'm crazy but at some point in my life I'm going to end up doing poses underwater. And once I start doing it I'll probably never stop.

So strange, but yoga and scuba have some very close relations for me.

They have a very similar relaxing effect for me as well ... almost a zen thing. I am hoping to feel that from suba even more so now that I have switched to a rebreather ... silence :)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I don't stop just 'cause I'm diving....

Psalm 107:23-24 are my divin' verses

that I'm wise enough not to force His hand to continue that with verses 25 - 30 Uncle Pug.

CuriousMe...if you find yourself in verses 25-30, just do verse 28 so you can get verse 29-30. :)

There was a guy in the group of folks I dove with a couple months ago that maintained a lotus position. Pretty cool seeing him hang out so still and peaceful. Good bouyancy control!

For me, I don't recall actually praying before a dive, I have done a lot of praying 'neath the waves tho..(especially when looking for the reef in low vis) and a lot of praying afterwards in giving thanks and gratitude for being able to dive and a having good dive.

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
There was a guy in the group of folks I dove with a couple months ago that maintained a lotus position. Pretty cool seeing him hang out so still and peaceful. Good bouyancy control!

And for those who want to see for themselves...

sapphire :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom