Medical aspects of bras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
Jennifer... I know exactly what bras you are talking about from Walmart. Those are the bras that the surgeon put me in post-op! They were very comfy... though I thought they wore out fairly fast in the "support" department.

Your redux took 7 hours!!! Wow! Mine was about 4 hours, and I lost about 6 lbs. Went from a lopsided G/H to a nice, proportionate, perky "mid" C. Love it!!!

Yep 7 hours, a little over 8 lbs and I'm still a very healthy D! I'm pretty happy with the results, the scarring is worst than I was told it would be, but I would never go back to the way I was. Those bras aren't the most durable, but the price isn't all that hefty either, I had 3 or 4 that I rotated wearing. I tried some others, but I came right back to those.

erparamedic:
. Went from a lopsided G/H to a nice, proportionate, perky "mid" C. Love it!!!

Got before and after pictures? Uh, hum, strictly for medical purpose....

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Yep 7 hours, a little over 8 lbs and I'm still a very healthy D! I'm pretty happy with the results, the scarring is worst than I was told it would be, but I would never go back to the way I was. Those bras aren't the most durable, but the price isn't all that hefty either, I had 3 or 4 that I rotated wearing. I tried some others, but I came right back to those.

My scarring is worse than I thought too... but, like you, I would NEVER go back! I'll take the scars over the "problems" anyday! :) I am still a nice "middle of the road" C cup! The surgeon recommended a D for me, but I insisted on a C, and she delivered!!! :D For anyone that is considering a reduction, I highly recommend it! It's been the best thing I've EVER done for myself!

I also had several of those front close sports bras...for $7 a pop... you can't beat it! I was kinda surprised that the surgeon used those bras! I was expecting some "super-support torture bra" for the first few weeks, but was pleasantly surprised. There was also another kind of sports bra at Walmart... pullover, has a mesh area between the breasts... also very comfy, but it gives a VERY squished "uni-boob" look. LOL Of course, I think most sports bras give the uni-boob look! LOL

fisherdvm:
Got before and after pictures? Uh, hum, strictly for medical purpose....

Diver... thanks for the offer... but I think I've got this one! :rofl3:

FISHER!!! :bash: :fishslap: :letsparty: :boxing_sm :whack: AND, last but not least... :kissbutt: :mooner:

LOL! Actually... only the plastic surgeon has the before/after pics.

I do have some pics taken a few days after surgery... and they are painfully bruised and swollen ugly!!! LOL But... the pics are on CD somewhere, AND... I don't share! LOL (Actually... I have shared them a couple times... for friends that were considering the surgery, and wanted to see the "aftermath".) I don't have any pics of the healed results.... only hubby gets to see the "real" thing! :D

Spratman:
HOLY CRAP!! $80 for a bra??!!

Man, I complain when I've got to pay ten bucks for a six pack of Fruit of the Loom...

One more reason I'm glad I'm not a woman....:D

That is correct.... now that $10 pack of underoos is looking rather appealing, huh! :D

Unlike Underoos you never throw the bra in the washer with your jeans....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom