Medical aspects of bras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also on board with the sports bra, in cotton,with the ventilation sides. As a, errr voluptuous girl, they don't make em large enough, So its Victoria's Secrets front hook racer backs for me. They do come in a cotton, and with the straps are located to a different spot on my shoulders, there are no dents....Plus they are in real fun colors and patterns or a cotton one for the smaller sized of us...The biggest problem you are going to have is telling older women to wear sports bras or Racer backs.. We don't do well with bra change at all......

The new sports bras come with separated cups and hook closures. They can be purchased in standard sizes at places like Target and sporting goods stores (up to a DD) and they wick moisturea nd provide support

Stay away from lace trim on any bra as it can be rubbing issue, as can an underwire. Nursing bras come in larger cup sizes and have absorption and support also

Sports bras are designed to move moisture away from the skin. Designed to hold them steady. AND...now designed to be comfortable as well.

In the world of womens under(sports)wear...my favorite spot is

http://www.title9sports.com

While they sell all types of sportswear for women, they are the leading supplier of sports bras for women...and really, it's the sportsbras that keep them at the top of their industry.

Their customer service department is outstanding...and if you don't have a "brick and mortar" Title Nine store near you...my suggestion is a measurement at Victoria's Secret. It's free...they're good and the company thoroughly trains all of their associates in not only how to get a good fit...but how to do it so that the customer doesn't feel ackward.

Well... Fisher... has this info helped you any? Have we given you the answers that you desired?

I'm kinda surprised that you haven't chimed in with all these great recommendations!

I had my sex changed again, and I was worried that I might not be welcomed.

Actually, it opened my eyes alot to the topics. Tried to talk my wife to let me do a survey of the Hooter girls, but she has not consented.

Honestly, I had punted most of my patients to Sporting good and running equipment areas for advise. But now at least I have a minimal knowledge of the bra.

I would appreciate links or names of stores or type of bras that you would recommend. Again, the patients that need it the most are elderly, and frequently, but not always, have large breasts.

You can PM me or post it here as info for others....

Here's a great review site of bra info.
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~cat/bra.html

Anything DDD and over means you probably have to hit the specialty stores. Online is www.biggerbras.com but that only works if you know the brand and size otherwise you won't get the best fit. I don't know where you can go in Florida unfortunately. Lady Cameo brand is a custom made bra based on measurements the customer can provide. Which might be a good option as well.

Freya, Goddess, Le Mystere, Aubade, Prima Donna, Huit, Chantelle, Aviana, and Fantasie are all good quality bra companies. Tried them all with good success. Prima Donna and Fantasie are about my favorite bras that are so pretty you feel absolutely gorgeous, glam, sexy and fit bigger bust lines.

Other ones that are options.

http://www.bravissimo.com/bravissimo/
http://www.decentexposures.com/
http://www.bellaforma.com.au/shop/home.php

Bobbin-Along has given a GREAT list of brands!

Aviana is a good brand... I used to wear their bras till I went to all cotton. (The place that I bought from didn't have any cotton bras from Aviana... I don't know Aviana even makes cotton bras.)

As I said before, Dillard's her in Florida does an excellent job. Further they carry G's and H's IN STOCK. :) As for Vicoria's Secret, as someone mentioned, I have to disagree on that one. They are geared to a more petite body style for bras. While they do carry some D's that is not where I would head.

I also had a redux almost 3 years ago, 8lbs lighter in just a short 7 hours of surgery!! I had a terrible time finding bras, and had all the problems that Fisher is talking about...Even with the measuring, nothing was ever comfortable. We don't have any specialty stores around here, so I had to make do. Powder is essential, and what works best is actually Vagisil powder. It really helps underneath, especially when it's hot and humid out. I also found some sports type bras at Walmart that closed in the front with about 6 hook and eye closures. They might appeal to the older folks a little better than the other sports bras. I even used them after my surgery for quite a while since I couldn't wear anything traditional for a couple months.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
I also had a redux almost 3 years ago, 8lbs lighter in just a short 7 hours of surgery!! I had a terrible time finding bras, and had all the problems that Fisher is talking about...Even with the measuring, nothing was ever comfortable. We don't have any specialty stores around here, so I had to make do. Powder is essential, and what works best is actually Vagisil powder. It really helps underneath, especially when it's hot and humid out. I also found some sports type bras at Walmart that closed in the front with about 6 hook and eye closures. They might appeal to the older folks a little better than the other sports bras. I even used them after my surgery for quite a while since I couldn't wear anything traditional for a couple months.

Jennifer... I know exactly what bras you are talking about from Walmart. Those are the bras that the surgeon put me in post-op! They were very comfy... though I thought they wore out fairly fast in the "support" department.

Your redux took 7 hours!!! Wow! Mine was about 4 hours, and I lost about 6 lbs. Went from a lopsided G/H to a nice, proportionate, perky "mid" C. Love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom