Me Credentials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone questioned my credentials as a pilot in a PM, so I figured I'd share them with everyone so as to clear up any doubts that any of you might have. While I take my flying and diving seriously, I take my ego even more seriously.

I learned how to fly in the circus. I peddled a toy aircraft around in the ring while elephants dressed like the Red Baron chased me around shooting peanuts at me from their trunks.

After a while, the act went vertical with the help of cables and explosives. I figured, hell, this ain't so bad. So I moved to Mexico and got my license, which I paid for by running drugs across the border for a guy named PePe.

After a few years, the Air Force picked me up under Operation Boot Strap, and I tried to fly them really fast ones with the tv screens in em. My narcalepsy kept me from graduating with my wings, so I bought some plastic fake ones, moved to the Midwest, and opened a flight school. I figured I'd pass on all my knowledge and skill to young buding pilots.

After the second sexual harrassment lawsuit from female students, and one court ordered cease and desist curtailing my instruction days, I moved on to the airlines. I find it much easier anyway, since I can sleep most of the flight. I've found that while these big birds have a lot of buttons and stuff, you really only need to learn a few of them for normal operations.

So here I sit, with the best job in the world. Come fly with me sometime, and I'll come back and set you up with free drinks a stuff. We can talk about diving and life until it's time to land. Then I'll have to get busy and figure out where we are.

Sorry if I'm typing too much. I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

:rofl: Why'd you quit sniffing glue?

Quarrior:
:rofl: Why'd you quit sniffing glue?
I have an FAA exam coming up next week and the guy that has pencil wipped my medical for the last 14 years disappeard in Thailand last month.

Ah crap, the airline just called and said I wasn't authorized to use one of the jets to commute home this week. They're pissed off, cuz I can't taxi it now since I blew all the mains trying to get the thing stopped out here at my local airport. I got Tire King coming out tomorrow morning with some retreads. I may need a copilot to just sit in the right seat while I taxi out. Don't worry about be qualified. I'll give you a rundown on everything you need to know at the bar. I normally just use a broom stick to push the switches on the other side of the cockpit, but I'm not allowed to fly by myself anymore since I buzzed Pensacola looking for chicks with their tops off. I thought I was allowed to fly over open water at any altitude I deemed safe. I guess the FAA and I disagree on the altitude I picked.

mempilot:
Ah crap, the airline just called and said I wasn't authorized to use one of the jets to commute home this week. They're pissed off, cuz I can't taxi it now since I blew all the mains trying to get the thing stopped out here at my local airport. I got Tire King coming out tomorrow morning with some retreads. I may need a copilot to just sit in the right seat while I taxi out. Don't worry about be qualified. I'll give you a rundown on everything you need to know at the bar. I normally just use a broom stick to push the switches on the other side of the cockpit, but I'm not allowed to fly by myself anymore since I buzzed Pensacola looking for chicks with their tops off. I thought I was allowed to fly over open water at any altitude I deemed safe. I guess the FAA and I disagree on the altitude I picked.
I've buzzed the beach many times in a C-130. They just get testy about the sand kicked up when you drop below 20'.

mempilot:

You sound qualified enough, why not just get your heli card then you can just hover over the beach when you find a good one...

Quarrior:
I've buzzed the beach many times in a C-130. They just get testy about the sand kicked up when you drop below 20'.
So I'm flying along at FL310, bored out my mind, trying to stay awake. I decide to listen in on 123.45, the freq that's like Guard, but different. What do I hear, but flight of 3 Hercs from St. Jo carrying on a conversation about some pretty weird stuff. From what I could make of it, one has his ramp down and the LM is back there showing the moon to number 2 in trail. I hear something about check six and got tone and I puke. Probably the adverse affect of the Visine drops the stew put in my coffee, but maybe a little from the sick and perverted stuff going on up to the north.
After about ten minutes of this, I gotta bug out, so I pull a split-S and realize halfway through the maneuver that I got cattle in the back. The masks are dropped, people are hurling, and the FO blacked out. I have no idea what the max + is for this plane, so I let off a little on the yoke. Big mistake. Damn thing overspeeds going straight down I lose my cookies again. Now the panel is covered in puke and the wind screens are covered in fog caused by the massive decompression of the cabin. I get her on the ground and claim CAT.
You damn trash haulers!

That's right Iceman, I am dangerous.

MtnDiver:
You sound qualified enough, why not just get your heli card then you can just hover over the beach when you find a good one...
My hand-eye coordination is nothing close to what needed to get one of them Earth repellers airborne. Hell, I got the shakes so bad, I can't even set the TRP for takeoff. I just do what SWA does and guesstimate based on the Nitrox tables I'm carrying in my drysuit. I know, you're going to ask why I wear a drysuit when I fly. Go back and read the post about choosing an altitude to buzz the beach at. You never know when a pony bottle is going to come in handy on one of my flights.

Back
Top Bottom