MD Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As many people live here, I can't believe that there is noone filling nitrox in the Baltimore/Annapolis/Waldorf corridor. WTF? All I can find is Frederick and Lusby - both long haul for me. Anyone got better info? Thanks.

there is an Atlantic Edge scuba shop in Annapolis. Do they not fill nitrox?

there is an Atlantic Edge scuba shop in Annapolis. Do they not fill nitrox?

No no not by a long shot. They got rid of their nitrox long ago - Air only. That said, I followed some really old threads and a few calls later and Scuba Hut and Columbia Scuba both pp for ~$15, but weren't coming up on google searches....go figure.

I get Nitrox fills at Scuba Hut In Glen Burnie Contact Malcom (410)-761-4520 They are still active and blend up to 40%
Also Columbia Scuba Contact Bruce (410)381-1994
or Brass Anchor In Frederick

Undersea in Sykesville does Nitrox. I believe they bank @50%. They're not far from I-70 and MD 32 and MD 26.

Never been there, but it looks like Divers Den in Baltimore has nitrox.

Equipment

Brass Anchor in Frederick and Submerged in Rockville do too (though a bit out of your area)

---------- Post added September 12th, 2013 at 06:08 PM ----------

Aqua Ventures in Cockeysville also.

Aqua Ventures, Baltimore Maryland's Full Service SCUBA Center - Snorkeling & SCUBA Equipent, SCUBA Classes and Specialty Training, Local Activities and Dive Travel Trips

Just curious. What are you diving around here that you actually need nitrox? Many of the shop around here used to sell nitrox, but due to lack of sales had stopped. There I just isn't a market for it. The major problem I have is simply the cost of air and nitrox. Since there is also a total lack to diving sites in this area, you might be better off getting nitrox near you destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just curious. What are you diving around here that you actually need nitrox? Many of the shop around here used to sell nitrox, but due to lack of sales had stopped. There I just isn't a market for it. The major problem I have is simply the cost of air and nitrox. Since there is also a total lack to diving sites in this area, you might be better off getting nitrox near you destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Since I own my tanks, anytime I go off a boat, I want a full set of nitrox tanks upfront. Also I dive Dutch Springs a fair amount and though its not necessary up there, I have done it for longer deeper dives. I checked all the above sources and they do fill, for about $15 for a 100cu. Its good enough for occasional use, which is what I was after. But it doesn't matter now. I bought a compressor and will be blending my own. Not cost effective, but then again, no hobby is cost effective!

That's why I like Virginia Scuba. They custom blend and charge per cf (not tank size). That's great if your tanks are already half full.

And brysonjk, nitrox is very useful when diving Ocean City. I hear someone in Salisbury fills nitrox, but that is no very close during weekend traffic.

Back
Top Bottom